Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I want to be just like dad

My dad is so cool. I get so excited in the afternoons when mom says, "Where is dad?" I know that means he is about to walk through the door so I do my speedy crawl over to the door all the while trying to scream but I end up sounding like I am just gasping for air. Mom seems to ask me where dad is alot. She must really miss him, too. She always asks me after I have had a few too many stinky-stinky diapers in the morning. She is so funny! I love when dad gets home and picks me up and throws me around and then asks about my day. Lately my days have been so busy! I figured out this whole walking thing and it really is about coolest thing I've learned in my 12 months. Since I have started trying to walk everywhere I get really really tired in the mornings and at night when it's bed time. Mom says she loves when I get worn out from the day and I fall right asleep. She thinks I didn't see her but last night she creeped into my room when I was dreaming about girls and she took my picture. She is not very sneaky at all but I won't tell her that. Anyway, my dad sleeps like this, too. He knows best because this is the best way to sleep....block out all of the chaos of the day! Mom should try it too but lately she just keeps saying she hates sleep because my little baby brother wants to play all night. Maybe he should try sleeping like me and dad, too, and then he will sleep better at night. I'm just sayin.....
This weekend dad and I did 5 months of yard work in two days. Dad has always said he can't wait to have a yard to do and finally he has one! I love watching him push the mower for hours and hours and hours. I help him alot by picking up all of the sweet gum tree things that fall. My mom HATES these things but I like to find them and eat them and carry them around all day. She is missing out - she is so straight and narrow sometimes. Live a little, mama! Anyway, I heard dad ask mom if she would always bring us water with lemon slices in it and some home made cookies when we do yard work together in the future? My dad is a smart man - he knows just how to ask my mom for things to make her feel needed and what do you know - we had some refreshing water and snacks waiting on us! My dad says that my pajamas are too short in my picture below but my mom says they are just fine. She is crazy! I'm glad my dad would never let me leave the house looking like a goober! Anyway, it's his birthday tomorrow and he is going to be so old that I can't even count the years on my fingers and toes. I am going to spend the night with grandma Nise so mom can take dad to see a movie without me. They are missing out because when I go to grandma Nise's house she let's me play all day and I don't have to take naps and I get to eat whatever I want. Nise is such a sucker but that's why I love her! Happy early birthday, dad! Let's do yard work again all weekend??? Ooops - mom, just said No, no, no, no yardwork for you and dad! She doesn't want to hear my dad complain of aches and pains again for 4 days! They are so funny....those two.....

No comments:

Post a Comment