Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's official and I am SAD!

After a huge day of toys, balloons, water diapers, more balloons, cake, giggles and more - we are all pooped, even Amos! So many details to come but I just had to report the following. It's 5 minutes until 9pm and the big boy is fast asleep from a long but amazing day. Brad and I aren't far behind. Thanks to all of the good-chaos I wasn't as emotional as I anticipated because I didn't have time to get sad. Well, except for this morning as I sat and gave Brooks his bottle. My baby drank his bottle in my lap and it sure was the best gift he could have given me. He does this every morning but today was just so perfect. Thank you, Brooks.

Anyway, I just sat down to start downloading my pictures and in the corner of the screen the days emails start popping up. Babycenter. com - you are the devil. As if today wasn't hard enough the boogers send me an email titled MY TODDLER THIS WEEK. Are you kidding me? Every week for the last 52 I have received an email that is titled MY BABY THIS WEEK. B-A-B-Y not T-O-D-D-L-E-R!!!!

I am irate and now officially a wreck. Why must they rub it in so? At the end of such a perfect day? I might just boycott and no longer pay attention to these usually helpful little emails. Ouch ouch ouch.

Anyway, off to cry to sleep and then wake up and pretend it all didn't happen as I refused to take down the balloons and the decor. We may just celebrate for another two weeks. We just may. I will beat this "growing up" thing if it kills me!

2 comments:

  1. I love,love,love this little guy and all the pics in the post below! What a great first birthday! You and Brad did an amazing job as parents and will be fantastic with baby two! Happy Birthday to Mr. brooks. Grandma Nise loves you .
    Kisses and hugs! and oh what joy you bring to my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday- to both those sweet Bagwell boys! And love, blame the hormones on the littlest babe. You only have a little while longer to be able to do that!

    ReplyDelete