Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First mother's day wish list

We've had a much better day today. Brooks is sound asleep and the quiet in the house is so peaceful. It's funny how a quiet house used to make me go crazy before there was a baby in the house. Now, the moment I finally hear him settle into a solid snooze - my little heart just relaxes and all of my muscles let go. Thank you, God, for creating the baby to need 15 hours of sleep a day because the other 9 sure are fun but soooo tiring whether or not there is another life growing.

While Brooks is dreaming of Charlotte, his new friend at the park, or of mandarin oranges, his new found love I am dreaming of things that I don't need but want and it makes it more fun to want things when you tell your friends about your wants. So for Mother's Day this year I really don't want anything more than maybe an hour in the sun or sometime to walk around the neighborhood by myself BUT if Brooks was insisntent on buying me something useful than I compiled a small never ending list of wishes. I really don't want to make the two holidays approaching known as Mothers Day and Fathers day about a gift that needs to be given because let's face it this is our first official holiday season and there are many to come and I would love to start the years off with a fun tradition like a Mother's Day tennis tournament or Father's Day pancake breakfast BUT since Brooks is too young for either and Dos-Bingo will kick and turn no matter what day it is - a gift just might have to do this Mother's/Father's Day.

Disclosure: I admit this is extremely MATERIALISTIC and maybe even just down right gross of me but allow me to indulge for just a moment....
Also, these are in no particular order, Brooks....just a list of jumbled things that I think I would put to great use!


My toes would sparkle in these...
My eyes would sparkle in these (and my husband says I would look hot in aviators though I have never thought them to be my thing)
My backside would look much better in these (again, just thinking of my husband on this Mother's Day)
My new baby would be so happy if I were to carry around his stuff in this....
My cheeks would sparkle with this (and Brooks broke my current container. Yes, dad, he plays with my makeup when his trucks aren't around.)
My skin would shine with this jar of heaven! I just love the way my skin feels after just a touch of this stuff!
***Conveniently, all of these items are located just 3.4 miles from our home, honey, at my favorite place. And don't we sort of owe them since they found my phone yesterday?
And my tummy would delight in all of these at once because come Sunday night - my 3rd trimester diet of no sugar begins! On second thought, maybe I'll go ahead and order these for myself to enjoy this Mother's Day-Week so they don't go to waste.
Oh, my, I almost forgot - my body that won't stop widening would love this and I would be all the more patient and pleasant afterwards.

Now off to look for charitable things I can do with the rest of this day.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you just HAD to put the Cheryl and Co cookies, didn't ya? I love the list and you deserve all of it! PLUS an hour in the sun! : )

    ReplyDelete