Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Souper Jenny on the Today show!

Jenny made soup cool and I have since made it known that I want to be her one day, serving up a heaping bowl of goodness along side a song or a genuine smile from one of her staffers. I have worked the corporate world and served beer at a golf course and everything in between and I can honestly say my favorite roles have been the minimum wage jobs in a service role - I love to get to talk to people, offer them something to make them feel good, even if momentarily, and hear their stories along the way. I don't know Jenny personally but I would imagine she shares the same sentiments for her vocational work - along with an amazing ability to put ingredients together to make amazing treats for my belly!

Jenny also made soup and smores "manly." Brad wouldn't have been caught dead in a woman's soup kitchen before we started dating but in the past 3 years Souper Jenny has become our favorite after-workout dinner spot as well as our meet-in-the-middle-of-the-day lunch spot along with our favorite low-key date night over a grilled cheese and homemade smores. Last night we took the little guy to our favorite local place and he, too, become a raving fan! Well, as we were leaving I overheard one of the dear soup-servers mentioning Jennys' debut on the Today show tomorrow morning! The Today show is always on in our house in the morning while we play with balls and climb the stairs umpteen times even though I swear I don't "watch" that much tv. Well tomorrow I will be watching for sure. I may, too, have overheard what soup Jenny may be debuting and I think it will be a scrumptious treat for everyone watching! Tune in tomorrow to hear one of my idols - and an amazing local, Atlantan share her secrets of the kitchen!

Oh, and just in case you need some daily pepping up - I call the soup hot line every day around 10:45 even when I am out of town! The phone call gets my taste buds stirring (not that they ever aren't stirring) and usually makes me smile just hearing a really happy person on the other side - (404)239-9023. Happy Souping!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Souper Jenny and I will be watching in the morning! :)

    ReplyDelete