Wednesday, September 23, 2009

4 days left, 4 months old, those ankle boots

The condo is in turmoil. It's insides have turned out. It's cabinets have vomited all over the floors and anything that ever hung on its walls is now in some random pile of stuff that only I know the category of the pile. The 2 year old cosmetics and toiletries that inhabited it's drawers are now down the garbage chute and 4 of Amos' toys have been rediscovered....atleast someone enjoys some benefits of this purging process. We have 4 days until the moving van blocks half of the traffic going north on Peachtree. Yesterday I did find myself dreaming of our new home. I can't believe I just wrote that. After months of quite a fuss from me I am actually getting (gulp) sort of excited about the "new." More so, I am excited to set up a "home" in Savannah, compete with grass and a free standing mailbox and a real fireplace (rather than the digital one on HDt in the 800's channels that served as our fireplace the last few years. Do you know what I am talking about?). I have so many ideas about this new home that just keep me up at night. Where will our new light blue couch go and how can I make this place a haven for Brad to come home to? But more importantly, what do you do when you add 1000 square feet to your living quarters?

These last 4 days I will hit up my favorite Atlanta establishments. Don't worry - I will have to post separately on those places. These last 4 days I will take my last 4 walks in the neighborhood across the street. If I do the math - I have walked or run those streets nearly (52weeks X atleast 4 times a week X 5 years) 1000 times!!!! Thank goodness the rain rain went away so I can add 4 more to the tally.

Today is also the little man's 4 month birthday. He is napping right now on his side like every good-flat headed boy should do so we won't wake him for pictures yet but there will be pictures to come. Speaking of heads, we go to Dr. Pip today and I can't get there soon enough to hear his professional opinion on Brooks head shape. I know I joke about this lightly but really, I think about it every time he is on his back even for a quick diaper change. I am so grateful for Brooks' health. There are so many things that could go wrong at any moment but Brooks is very healthy and thus very happy but this little possible-situation follow me everywhere. Hopefully Dr. Pip will have some encouraging words for us today. I know he will be happy to see Brooks' little cheeks and 3 - count them, 3, rolls of baby fat above his knee. He gets his second round of shots too so mama and I are going to take him to his favorite place for lunch and give him extra love and kisses today.
Happy 4 month birthday Mr. Brooks! About this time 4 months ago I was convincing the nurse at Northside that I wasn't in labor as I dropped to a squat position to get through what I denied was a contraction. Yes, your mama likes things to happen on her schedule and this was not on her schedule. I can't wait to take his 4 month pictures today because he is so interactive and playful. 4 months is my favorite month so far.....so sweet and happy all of the time! 1 month and 2 month are on another computer but look at the bug's growth...



Shifting topics from labor to shoes. I don't normally use this blog to throw my opinions around but I think that is because I really don't have a strong opinion about much these days. You know....I'm finding myself so I am not even sure most of the time what 'myself' likes or dislikes. But I can confirm - I do not like these ankle boots that are all the rage this season. I know they are trendy and they show the thinnest part of a woman's body - the ankle, so therefore, they are supposedly ultra flattering but I have never been less of a fan of anything. There are some things I liked about the 80's - Punky Brewster, jelly slippers, and slap bracelets but not these ankle booty things. Mark my words - I may not know much about my likes/dislikes these days but I do not get these shoes. I am sure the moment I post this I will see a friend and reader of the blog at lunch sporting their new pair of precious little boots and I will feel silly but that's okay. I am sure they look great on you but on a larger-footed woman like myself they look like mini-houses covering my feet. Too much shoe, I detest.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Amen. Amen. I think the shoes are heinous and I'm gonna just put it out there. I do not like them on anyone!

    Maybe you should write a shoe blog....

    ReplyDelete