Sunday, April 25, 2010

Babies play and mommies play, too!

Brooks is becoming quite attached to our Friday play group in the neighborhood. He absolutely wears himself out and leaves no corner or drawer of someone else's house unexplored. I love it because I get to catch up with other moms and talk about mindless things and Brooks loves it because he gets to play and flirt sometimes. He has taken to his friend, Karcyn, and he loved seeing her house last Friday. The week before he was the only boy among a sea of beautiful women but he handled himself quite well.
We did lots of play time this weekend, too, including 3 trips to the park and many circles around the deck with his shopping cart! The little guy is not so little anymore.....11 months and counting down to his first birthday. I wish I could write a sappy blog about my affection for this little man but I wouldn't know where to begin and end. I am so thankful for these days with just Brooks and Brad and Amos. I know a family of 4 has so many fun things to follow but for now we are loving keeping the big man out past bed time just so we can soak up his smile and belly giggle a little longer. Thank you, God, for the blessing of a child. I never ever understood how love can grow to be so big but getting to watch this little person grow everyday is such a joy and true blessing! Okay, more cheese coming this month I am sure as we recall this time last year when everything changed - for the better.
How cute is Molly Anne? So contemplative here.
Yes, Karcyn, I like you and your toys! You have a cool shopping cart!
This picture is just funny to me. Molly Ann is confused, Karcyn is ready for everyone to go home, Brooks continues to throw things even if it is picture time - thanks to Nise, Jack is sleepy and ready for a nap and John Quincy caught something good on the tv for a moment. Oh babies!
How funny is Caroline, always smiling for the camera!
Dad is so proud of the manly scrape on my knee!

And on more adult notes - Brad and I went to a birthday party for one of my favorite people on Saturday night. We had a babysitter and wore clothes other than work out clothes and we felt quite amazing to be honest. This party took place on the prettiest lot in Atlanta - I promise...overlooking the river, high above the city as if we were in the mountains. I loved actually showering before this outing and talking adult talk for an entire evening. These are some of my favorite girls below and girls that have walked with me through many stages of life. What a joy, too! Just think girls....it may be our 50th and we are all recalling those early days when we were just having kids! I just hope I look like the birthday girl when I am 50 - amazing! Anywho, we loved the thunderstorms this weekend, the mild temperatures, our 3 trips to the park, some fun tennis, a long work out on Saturday, and time seeing Nise for dinner. We also loved our walks at the river and enjoying some down time while Brooks napped (for what seemed like FOREVER! Why does that always happen when Brad is home but NEVER during the week?)

Three boys due all within 10 days of each other! Crazy! I am so glad to have some friends to be pregnant with this summer!
Check out the birthday girl in the middle. If 50 looks this good I am ready! What a fun night out with friends.

We hope your weekend was just as enjoyable and relaxing!

Oh, and you must say a birthday wish for my brother, Dr. Matt, who turned 27 today! He has been working like crazy in his residency program in Greenville, SC while enjoying any down time with his new wife! I just love this guy and I am so thankful for a brother and now a dear friend - it probably took us some years but I have loved watching the Lord spell out His specific plans for Dr. Matt. He is tender and strong all at the same time and he has the best view on life! We hope you had a wonderful birthday, Uncle Matt! We wish we were with you to celebrate! Brooks sends a slobbery kiss! (I don't know that he even knows about this blog thing but you can still send a birthday wish his way!)

1 comment:

  1. Look at you beautiful girls, and Loretta is 50, she is amazing!! Miss you....

    ReplyDelete