Friday, April 23, 2010

Little Man with Grandma-Nise

Grandma-Nise came to play (set Brooks straight as I called it) on Wednesday while Baby Dos/Bingo/The UnNamed Child and I had a date at the doctor. The doctor says this little one is just that - little. Well, not in a bad way but I told her about the fun I had in delivery with a big baby with a big head and she said I should be happy to know that this little guy seemed to be quite average with a narrow head. I was very happy with this report and then she had to slap me with the hospital admittance papers and ask me my questions about labor and I had a mild panic attack realizing that this baby actually has to come out one day pretty soon. Sooner than my just-delivered-a-baby-body would like to admit. Though it seems hard for my husband to believe but I am just now accepting the fact that we are actually expecting a child again and I just wasn't ready Wednesday to accept that the baby would need to come out of me at some point. Brad has asked that he could "pop" (his words) out when he is about 10 months old - I'll ask him, honey, I will for you. I like husbands thinking but I also know once our uncrawling, unwalking, unactive infant comes into this world we will both be so smitten with the new guy - the same way we were with the now big guy.

Anyway, I am a little more calm now and have resolved to live as I know best - hour by hour. I can't get overwhelmed thinking about the amount of love it will take to raise two boys or thinking that one day these two will love another girl and move off and leave me. I have to live hour by hour and focus on the needs of each hour. This hour Brooks is needing his waffle and banana and that is all I need to do. I can do that.

Nise, set the boy straight!
Note his "boy"clothes. "Big" otherwise known as my dad demanded to see Brooks in "boy" clothes rather than a bubble - otherwise known as a dress to him. Brooks says he'd look cute in a tu-tu so leave him alone!


Now I am ready for my South Georgia grandparents to come teach me how to be a man next month!

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving his boy clothes! He looks like a little kid now! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone else said that Brooks looks like your brother Matt? He is so precious! I had a 'wake up call' doctors visit yesterday too. Um. no one told me about the strep B test. no one. not cool! Let the indignities begin!

    ReplyDelete