Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wish list

We just came from church. I should be singing hymns and praising God for this beautiful day and I am....in my own way because the pollen won't allow me to really get out and twirl in the grass like I'd like. Instead, I am inside watching my strapping husband do yard work (he seems to do yard work every day now which is really cute. Does he love it or is it just a man thing that makes them feel good? Either way - I love watching him take charge of the yard!) The baby is sleeping and I am finding things to want - which is what every good Christian girl does after church, right? I could have atleast posted this tomorrow so I wouldn't feel so naughty but that's never been my style....my love for instant gratification is my biggest downfall. Which is why I am heading straight to the Buford Hwy Farmers market right after I hit "PUBLISH" to gratify my taste buds! I seemed to have finally located last weeks craving of mochi! (Unfortunately, friends, I raced to Trader Joes and they only have mochi ice cream, not the chewy little pieces) but yesterday a new Japanese acquaintance of mine directed me to Buford Highway - as I once had assumed my love would be found!

Anyway, in my instantly-gratifying style I just bid the largest bid I have ever bid on ebay for a DIAMOND RING! No, a CAR! No, A HORSE! No, people.......a D-O-U-B-L-E-S-T-R-O-L-L-E-R. You would think I was bidding on a house. I am smitten over this stroller the way I should be smitten over much cooler objects but with the walking this family does around the neighborhood a stroller is a big deal - maybe the biggest deal. I am about to forfeit my budget for eating out for 6 months just to be able to stroll my babies stylishly. Anyway, here it is....cross your fingers that we win!

And since Brooks and "Dos" will look so good in their new wheels - I am thinking my wheels needs to look cute, too. I have been eyeing these for a few weeks now. Simple, a little bit of height to my short=pregnant legs but not too much and neutral so they could go with any of my fashionable maternity mu-mu's that I'll be wearing this blazing hot summer. Oh, J.Crew - why do you do this to me every summer? Spare my husbands pay check and leave my appetite for shoes alone!

But mostly I covet these wheels below. They are free - aside from a little formula and a constant supply of bananas. They come especially made after a hard day of bare foot baby living. I never thought I'd love something so dirty so much but I do - and I'd take these stinky things any day over a fancy stroller or new pair of shoes!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! My grandson has grocery store feet! (the kind that white trash parents are soooo proud of) But I love him unconditionally... so I am just kidding.
    Love You Brooks!
    Grandma Nise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice "grocery store feet". I love you Brooks and those "white trash" little feet.....Haha

    ReplyDelete