Monday, August 16, 2010

Soon enough!

I wish I had a cute picture to post of Brad and I on our doorstep with my pillow in hand and my fully belly protruding to it's final peak just minutes before we drove to the hospital to be induced and hours before our new son was born. I'm pretty sure any picture from the next 72 hours will be due to the craftsmanship of someone photo shopping my eyes to be open so it doesn't look like I missed the event.
This will conclude the 4th night without my body feeling sleep. I have felt lots of "rest" so I am grateful for that. My sweet mama rubbed my head for an hour yesterday and I got the most comfortable I've been in weeks but still my mind won and I lay awake just thinking about how desperately I want to sleep.
So yesterday when we got the call that today (in a few hours) we were to check ourselves in at the "baby birth delivery place' as Brad so eloquently called it on the phone the other day in his own state of exhaustion )aka - hospital) I was slightly hysterical. Brad can edit this later and tell you how I really was but I don't have adequate words right now. It wasn't pretty and certainly not my picture of "our sweet night before induction." It was as if the last 10 months finally seemed really real and I kind of fell apart. Luckily, Brad has been my rock and he had just the plan for my weary state - food and exercise! We walked our neighborhood together and talked and went to 3 different places to find exactly what we wanted on our last of dinners as a family of 3 and we prayed for today. And, honestly, I got in bed early last night with the most peace I have had in weeks and not one thought about the morning. More so, I just felt genuine joy that the Lord had brought us full cirlce to a place of excitement and anticipation for what was to come.
And though it is now 4:39 and I only have one eye half open to write this and I am only even writing this because I can't walk from the couch to the bed to the kitchen one more time and I can't lay awake any longer - I know as I have said all along that my Father in Heaven knows these details and He has gone before each step and each day of this pregnancy. We look forward to sharing our news with you our precious friends and family tomorrow and we covet all of the prayers and phone calls that we have certainly felt this weekend. We know that when we are weak, God is strong and I am so much more confident in having a strong God to go before me in a few hours than a few hours of sleep under my belt and a little energy of my own.

As many of you have mentioned that you are continuing to pray for us - here are a few requests:
-That in the days and weeks to come my sleep would be restored and that even the few hours in the night that I get to sleep off and on would be rejuvenating and replenishing
-That the little B man would be comforted by all of the sweet people watching over him during this transition and that his heart would be excited and ready to meet a little brother
-That the doctors and nurses would be courteous and make decisions wisely (this sounds odd but in this state of delirium I really pray that we are surrounded by sensitive care givers that understand the effects of the lack of sleep I have experienced)
-That the baby would show no signs of sickness from GBS (you can look it up if you are interested)
-That God would be glorified in every way through the birth of this new life

Thank you, friends, for walking along side of us. I can't wait to get my hands on this little person and never let him go as I assure him of his perfect purpose in our lives. We cherish your encouragement and prayers.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a few shots of the man in charge for the next few days. I am not worried one bit that things won't get taken care of......

3 comments:

  1. Love you Betsy! You are awesome, today is going to be awesome, and God is with you every step of the way. (I know you know that!) I can't wait to meet your little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy - I will be praying these things for y'all. You can do it girl! I am excited to meet this little guy soon : ) Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MK and I joined Mother Teresa's sisters at an early morning Mass (since like them, and you, we were awake before dawn) and we prayed for healthy baby and rested mama. Can't wait to hear the news!!

    ReplyDelete