Monday, August 23, 2010

William is here!

Oh goodness, I am having 14 thoughts at one time. Our little boy is here and he has been here a week now. William was born last Monday at 2:38pm and was a perfect 7lbs and 15ounces. I never thought I'd be the blogger who doesn't log on for a week after the birth of a child. I remember reading other beloved blogs wondering why that mama friend of mine hadn't let the world wide web know about the arrival of a new person! Well, honestly, I'd love to have written a sweet post from the hospital but we were just too exhausted and we decided to hide out for a few days....which turned into a week of hiding out at home and at the only hospital better than Northside - my mom's house. We are finally home today and have had our closest day to normal - yet.

I have too many thoughts from this past week to even begin to organize them into something pretty for you to read so here are some thoughts to chew on for a little bit.

*William makes me like newborns again. Oh my, he is just the cutest little thing and I love getting love on him as much as I can. I know he is our little blessing from God and even in his one week here he has brought us all together in such a sweet way.
*Brooks seems like a 5 year old to me still! I think he should be able to sit and talk about the Braves with me and not turn over his french fries like a toddler would.
*Brooks doesn't like me much these days but I'll grow on him again I am sure in the weeks to come.
*Having family and dear friends have taken on a whole new meaning to me....if it weren't for our friends and family this week we honestly would all be in a very not good place.
*The big man of the house has been such a rock this past week, and a good mama to B, and a good house keeper, and the most encouraging "other half" I could have imagined.
*I really want to go to the grocery store and buy all the brands I like to buy and take my time in the aisles. When will this happen? Is it odd that that is all I want to do right now.
*All the babies are sleeping right now and I just had the thought "this is nothing.....I've got this thing down." Ha.
*I should sleep but I am craving "normalcy" so badly that I can't shut the computer or turn off the phone
*Prayer is powerful and the prayers of so many this week for my rest and sleep have been felt and answered. I feel like a new woman today even if is due to one night of sleep out of the last month. I'll take anything and I give all of the praise to my Heavenly Father who knows the rest I need.
*Everything is different this time around.....everything. More on that later, too.
*William and I have the opposite problem - he can't wake up for anything and I can't fall asleep if you paid me. I look at him so cozy and snoozing, though, and somehow I feel rested. Thank you, sweet baby.

Okay, he is here. We are alive. God is so good to us for blessing us in this way and for going before us as we walk through this season of raising two boys (and maybe dealing with a mom who doesn't know how to fall asleep!) I feel so dearly loved and grateful for our story...


5 comments:

  1. This is what I've been waiting for! So glad to hear things are going well. Rest, dear friend, rest! We're so happy for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad he is here!!! Cant wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see him again! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Betsy! William is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy to hear of a night of sleep for you. even if just one, it's a start, right? hope to see you soon and meet this precious arrival. praying for more nights of rest!

    ReplyDelete