Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A blurb

I've written many blogs in my head this past week as lay awake in bed at night, again, unable to sleep. They each have different themes and would each paint a very different picture of the week. So, below I'll give them all to you in one big blurb. That is how this season of life seems to be anyway....a blob of alot of happy memories and sweet moments mixed with some very trying situations, and a huge lack of sleep (for me atleast). Tonight as Brad and I were driving home with the boys from Nene and Big's house we passed by the brilliantly decorated houses in our neighborhood (you know...moving deer and inflatable snow globe type "brilliant")Brooks exclaimed "pre=eeYights" as he has done all season long and you would think Christmas was just around the corner.! In unison, Brad and I both agreed that we are ready for those "pre-eYights"to come down and ready for the New Year and a fresh start....It's just been that kind of week....the one that makes you beg for a fresh new start but because of this past week I am even more grateful for Christmas - the gift of a Savior to make all that is wrong "right"...that is just what we have needed.

The late-December Blurb

I wonder how it feels to go to sleep like a normal person. Where is my camera to capture the toddler as he repeats the name of everyone he has ever met on the stairs at night before bed? What might be hiding under Willliam's 4th chin? Are my hormones - that have been cookoo for 2.5 years now- ever going to be regular again and in turn allow me to s-l-e-e-p? Christmas is so much more fun when watching a little man meticulously open his presents making sure every inch of wrapping is off of the box. How grateful I am to have a husband that plays an active part in parenting and does so much for me without even asking. I understand grace so much more after becoming a mother. It doesn't get any better than snow on Christmas day! Can I keep eating Christmas cookies 5 days after Christmas? If I stay away from the mall I never know what I don't really need. I am so grateful for grandma's. What would you do at night if you weren't able to fall asleep (I need some new suggestions)? A day spent cleaning out and organizing is so invaluable....what a rejuvenating feeling! Why didn't our Christmas tree smell as good as it did last year? Hearing Brooks tell his South Georgia grandad "bye" all on his own is worth every ounce of stress that this Christmas may have created. I love my mama's turkey and dressing and green beans. And lastly, I finally understand why people think the holidays are hectic...as fun as this Christmas was with our sweet little ones there was definitely unnecessary strife just trying to get out the door and make it to the various Holiday events. Sweet Jesus, I pray that we can fully accept the real gift on Christmas - that you came to make everything that is broken whole again. That is the thought I want to start the new year.

Joy to the World!

(And a Christmas recap in pictures coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment