Sunday, April 11, 2010

Belly update

H, E, double hockey sticks, NO! I didn't quite update the world on the first go round regarding the lengthening and widening of my torso and I am not about to do it this time either. So in case you are wondering - and some of you are because you have asked - I am as HUGE as I was this time last year and I was about 14 weeks more pregnant! Uh uh uh! I was hoping to defy that little thing that people say..."Oh, you'll pop right out with your second." I hate being the "norm" but call me Norm because I have a basketball already and I am just barely over half way to the finish line. It sure is hard to live in denial regarding a child on the way when you can't see your toes. So, just how am I going to tolerate this Southern Steamy Summer with a Sizzling one year old? Popsicles and a pool - that is my solution thus far and I welcome anymore.

On other notes. 79, 79, 78, 81, 81, 79, 77.......ALL WEEK LONG! I, like you, LOVE this spectacular weather. Everyone in Atlanta is happy these days....things are blooming, rosy cheeks are everywhere and so is the stupid yellow party pooper that rains on my Spring every year. Supposedly being pregnant and having allergies is the worst combination therefore my plan to head for the pool may need some altercations. Anyway, Brooks and I will probably enjoy the sunshine from the window again this week - atleast while the yellow stuff is on the prowl. Happy Spring in the South!

Last quick thought, did any of you ladies watch the end of the Masters today? Is it pregnancy hormones or did Phil's embrace with his wife, Amy who is battling breast cancer right now, just do you in? I sobbed every time they replayed the embrace for the next 30 minutes. I watch the Masters just for those moments every year. I remember watching the tourney at the Terrace nearly 5 years ago and watching some cute, young fellow sweep up his child in one arm with his wife in the other....what a perfect ending to a fun week of competition every year.

Okay, the pollen wins again - we're off to the happy place beneath the fluffy white sheets where hopefully I can escape the invading YELLOW!

2 comments:

  1. First, the hormones are going to your head- you look FANTASTIC. Second, yes, I cried watching the sweet embrace too- even this morning on sportcenter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on this one. People keep asking for them on facebook. I'm like 'sorry. nope. not gonna happen!' Pregnancy is beautiful and all but I am stretching in places I didn't know existed!

    ReplyDelete