Saturday, April 10, 2010

This side of heaven

Don't you just love and hate these days? The kind that are so good, so perfect, so enjoyable, so full of everything splendid - family, breathtaking blue skies and 70 degree weather, giggly-chubby babies, food you've thought about and drooled over for months, and no agenda! I am writing this now so I can fully embrace and savor this wonderful Saturday before I put myself to bed. I never knew the weekends could be so fun once offspring enter the family makeup but they are just so entertaining! As Brad and I drove home from a long day in Athens for the G-day game tonight the little bulldawg was just talking and singing in the back of the car - as if to agree with our happy sentiments about our splendid Saturday in our favorite place. I'll post this video tomorrow when I can but it was just so classic - Brooks babbling away in pure contentment!

Anyway, I hate these days because I know they must end and I know I can't stay right in that moment - with Brad, my favorite friend, and Brooks, my favorite little friend - just as happy as 3 larks. These days make me long for heaven and they assure me that I was made for another world where giggles last a lifetime and I can eat all the creamy-grits I want....for every meal! Where family's enjoy endless conversation and time together because there is nowhere better to be. I long for these perfect days but for many of them in a row. My heart and tummy are so full right now of all the good feelings so thank you for letting me share them. I just felt too selfish to go to bed and not share some of my euphoria.

Thank you, God, for this day together with my family of 3.5 and my bigger family. Thank you for a slow pace as we strolled around campus enjoying the colors and the landscape - your perfect creation! Thank you for being so real to us today in the form of a smiling 10.5 month old boy. We are grateful and humbled by the way we felt Your infinite love today.

Brooks hot "wheels" around campus.
Gooooo Dawgs! Or gooooo band! I love dancing to the band.
My mommy's silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment