Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Call me pregnant or crazy

This was the question just posed to my darling husband.
Me:If your pregnant wife were to find a place in Atlanta that sold mochi would you go right now to get it for her? Like, right now?
Hunk husband: Sure, babe, anything for my adorable/attractive/amazing pregnant wife. Anything.
Me: Suuuuuuwwwwweeeeeet!


Brad then proceeded out the door to do some yard work as if nothing had just happened. I, on the other hand, took his emphatic reply and ran with it.

I have now called every international grocery store in a 15 mile radius and had half of the Whole Foods employees in the Buckhead store scouring their aisles for my beloved Asian-marshmallow type puff balls.

I would normally tell you that I don't have cravings when I am pregnant. The first go round I did like citrus gatorade and I (or cute husband) would drive all over the perimeter looking for a cold bottle of my craving. For some reason, this is not a usual flavor even though it is supposedly Michael Jordan's most beloved of the sports drink.

And I'll stand by my plea - I don't have weird cravings. This is a 365days a year craving just like anything sweet but my hormones make me go a little more out of my way to cater to my daily craving when I'm "with child." Brad's a mochi-fanatic too. We used to sit in our house in Savannah and pose the "what would you do right now for some mochi" question just to see what crazy stunt the other might pull. Well, there were no asian yogurt places in sweet Southern Savannah so when I knew we were moving home I vowed to eat all the yogurt my heart (and growing bottom) desired. Since we have moved to Atlanta I have now allowed myself to go to my favorite Fro-Yo place at any beckon call from my tastebuds. I justify this expense because I am actually getting some calcium on top of my cup of mochi - the ever popular fro-yo topping at any Asian inspired frozen yogurt joint, and every pregnant women needs her calcium!

Really, though, keeping my own bag of the soft, chewy goodness would probably help out our budget and my sense of will power. Right? Thank you, right.

I have two more places I can call and then tomorrow we will take a field trip to Buford Highway. Buford Highway is sure to have everything and anything international, right? Brooks, it's off to the asian super market, honey! There's a first time for everything! Just remember - when mama's happy everyone's happy.

1 comment:

  1. i can't remember if i posted this already, but trader joes sells mochi in all different flavors! mango is my fav!

    ReplyDelete