Friday, April 2, 2010

He died so that we might live....

And on days like today we are living to the fullest! [Now if only I could do that every day despite the weather or circumstances!} I hope you have enjoyed a meaningful and reflective Holy Week. We certainly have and we are so anxious about Brooks' first Easter and this opportunity to tell him about His Savior that died for even his little sins. Brad and I have a date to Good Friday service tonight at our church. I have to be honest, I know what happened on this day but I've always found it a little odd that is called "Good Friday" when it represents such brutality and the death of someone so innocent. I am no biblical scholar so if you have any background please weigh in (husband, please??? I know you have some answers for me). Needless to say, my heart is so anxious for some reason - I think it is the weather and the flowers budding and the anticipation of a Risen Savior on Sunday and time with ALL of my family! (Even the busy doctor will be in town!) I almost feel hypocritical saying that Jesus' death and resurrection mean more to me this year - that sounds kind of childish but it's real. The world has thrown alot at us this year including the birth of a new life in our family and another one on the way but through it all I am assured, especially this Holiday season, that our God reigns. There is hope in a broken world because of Christ's death and resurrection and I am thankful that this time of year that message seems to be all around us. Happy Easter weekend! Enjoy the sunshine, the died eggs, the conversation with family and friends, the once yearly Easter candy and the hope that is offered to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment