Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a big day!

Mama and I are going to register for all things baby today! Woo hoo! I am planning to wear comfy shoes and bring a six pack for the festivities because after just stepping foot into a baby section yesterday in Target I felt overwhelming feelings take over my body. This is a day for history!

And, oh yes, I forgot there is also an inauguration going on.

_ _ _ _ _

But on other important notes......thank you for the sweet birthday messages, calls, texts and cards! I love birthdays and I love celebrating even the not-so-big birthdays and the not-so-big things in life. My family took me to the circus this weekend. Cirque du Solei to be exact. We had such a good time! Brad came home asking if I, too, could contort my body in figure *'s on the floor or if my head could touch my toes by bending over backwards? I am a pretty rare lady I tell him but he should never expect my body to do 1/10th of the stunts we saw. I think he was a little disappointed. Anyway, the whole weekend was just perfect and I am so grateful for a fun birthday weekend!

_ _ _ _ _

And even more importantly, we took our first step towards parenthood this weekend. We bought a stroller but not just any stroller. We bought the stroller of all strollers and a few unneccessary add-ons just to make sure we went overboard. I will post pictures soon of our favorite purchase. It went like this.....I have researched stroller reviews and opinions for the last month. Moreso, I did some looking on Craigslist and Ebay to find the best deal. I take Brad on Saturday to see the strollers. He sees all 40 of them. Touches one that I point at and says, "let's do it." What?????? Months of researching and that is all it takes for him? Needless to say, we come home with a fun new stroller courtesy of his South Georgia grandparents. Brad put the stroller in every position. He took off all the straps and locks and tags. He moved the seat to every position. He placed Amos in the basket and even looked for a child lying around to take on a walk. Had we enough time I am positive he would have strolled the neighborhood - baby or no baby. I am so happy for our first purchase! It will be hard to look at it over the next 4 months as it sits in the living room waiting for baby to come. If anyone has a child to borrow for a day we would be thrilled to stroll him/her in our new stroller! Take us up on it.

Okay, off to start this BIG day! Babies-R-Us = INSANITY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment