Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Can I get paid for this?

It is nearly 4pm and I am still in my pajamas. Well, sort of. I had to lose half of them when I accidentally turned the shower on while I was in it cleaning the tiles and of course half of me came out soaking wet. I haven't even opened the blinds today to see if the weather man was correct in his prediction about rain rain and more rain!

Ever since I had a spur of the moment whim to scrub and clear out the inside of the refrigerator on Sunday I have been itching to turn over every rock and climb every mountain to obtain a CLEAN home! I had today off from my difficult retail job and thought I would spend an hour or two straightening and disinfecting here and there. But you see, I am an extremist. You know this. I can't just clean one room or just run the vacuum - i have to spend 2.5 hours scrubbing every 1 inch wide square tile in the showers! My right shoulder muscle is bulging right now and won't stop throbbing but the shower could be used for a picnic it is so clean. What is it about cleaning for me? My mom has this obsessive trait too and though I don't think it is detrimental to any ones well being I do think there is a problem with my extreme behavior. If I would just rinse the shower weekly I wouldn't have to work so hard for a few clean tiles. If I would listen to Brad and just throw things out that haven't been touched in 6 months then I wouldn't go nuts with piles of clutter! Needless to say - I love a day of cleaning. I also did some cooking. I made some turkey chili for Brad and I to eat on throughout the week. It is sooooo yummy but more so, soooooo healthy! Good fiber! I also made a chicken dish for dinner tonight. Confession: I haven't cooked since I found out I was pregnant. The thought of preparing food made my stomach turn and my throat swell. I am better now though....baby is growing (soon to be a small cantaloupe according to the book) and my hormones must have stabilized a little since I am not so nauseous all day long. I am excited about our first dinner at home together in a full trimester!

And...while I am telling you what we are up to - we are going to see Slumdog Millionaire tonight. I have been wanting to see this movie for some time but it is only playing at select theaters. The rest of the week I will be working in retail heaven until 8:30 or 9 each night so tonight is our "date night." It's pretty bad when you have to schedule them in order to spend any quality time with the person that is going to be your partner in parenting! Oh well, we'll take what we can get even if it is a home cooked meal and rare movie once a month.

Some other things I should tell you about soon:
-I will be 28 next week. TWENTY EIGHT! That gives me the shivers. I used to only imagine what I'd be doing at 25 and 26 because after that I'd just be too old to care. We'll talk about this more later. TWENTY EIGHT!!!
-We are starting to look for a baby crib and furniture. This makes this "news" all to real.....should we go white or espresso? Get this, the guy at this furniture store in Albany was trying to sell us a bed that he says the kid can end up taking to college with him! What happened to your traditional baby crib? And who ever knew baby bedding would cost more than the bedding on our new king sized bed? Yikes!
-I just ate a whole bag of popcorn by myself. Gross. I guess baby wanted some fiber????
-I am buying a new cell phone from a guy on Craigslist. I pick it up at 5pm. I am giddy about a phone that actually rings and makes sound but a little worried. What if this guy stuffs me in the back of his car and takes off? No one wants a pregnant lady right? (Really, no worries - we are meeting in a public place) but seriously, should I worry about buying something off Craigslist? Have you ever done this? Call me later tonight to test out my new purchase and make sure I wasn't scammed.

Okay, off to finish folding clothes. Can I get paid for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment