Tuesday, May 5, 2009

In case you were wondering

Your pregnancy: 37 weeks

Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still a few weeks away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard (Oh yeah, a swiss stalk of chard!??)). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.




So, there you have it...he looks like some leafy greens with peach fuzz on top. I can't wait to meet the wiggly vegetable!

And on other notes....My brothers both graduate this weekend! I am so excited for both of them. Matt is graduating from Medical College of Georgia. I can't believe he has accomplished the one thing he always set out to do. Now I know the next 4 years aren't a walk in the park but what a feat already to have gotten through the 4 years with a fiance in toe and a house waiting for him at his new place of residence in Greenville, SC. I am so proud of him and I can't imagine the feeling of accomplishment. After we celebrate with him in Augusta, Brad and Amos and I head to Athens - the finest place in the country - for little Carter's graduation from UGA. I can remember this day for me 6 years ago. My last exam of my last semester of my last year of college....I walk out of the auditorium, chunk my notebook in the trash can, call mama to tell her that I was done only to find $400+ of parking tickets on my lonely car. You see, I was slotted to take the exam on the last day in the last hour of finals and I had happened to park I guess illegally. Thank you, UGA, for that lovely memory. So, Carter, I hope in your last few days you do as I say and don't do as I did. Just cause you are a senior and about to be gainfully employed - Campus policies still remain. So instead, walk out the door, exhale, look at all of the beautiful, overwhelming trees on North Campus. Smell Achim''s K-Bob from afar, ring the bell one last time and just live in the moment....life doesn't get much better than Athens on a sunny day with no more tests or papers to do and a career waiting for you in Atlanta (near your soon to be nephew!)

Oh, what a fun season of life! God has certainly blessed my family and I feel so spoiled to be able to enjoy such sweet times with my family (and my new family to be) this Spring. Thank you, Father, for lavishing us with your love. My cuppeth overfloweth for sure.....

No comments:

Post a Comment