Wednesday, May 20, 2009

MR. BRAD IS OLD!!!

The head of our household celebrated his 28th birthday yesterday. I await this day every Spring as Brad finally catches up with my age (but maybe not my wisdom... :) For 4 months and 4 days he constantly reminds me that I robbed the cradle in marrying him and that I am going to be old and wrinkly while he is still a strapping young buck. Atleast for the next 8 months we are truly equals and he has no bragging rights.
I gave Brad a few surprises leading up to his big day (a coveted pair of blue jeans and a new cd. Jewel. Yes, we both love Jewel and though he may not admit it - he was secretly thrilled!) and then yesterday he accompanied me to what may be the last doctors appointment before all the hoopla. We were given good news on his special day.....that the baby would not share his birthday! Though this sounds cute in theory - I LOVE birthdays and I really wanted to have two seperate celebrations throughout the years. So, yay, no sharing birthday cakes and presents for my boys! Other than that news - we didn't hear much more than the babe is growing, happy, and healthy. So now we act like we are busy and distracted but really all I can do is look at my 7+ pound watermelon and wonder when it may want to come out to play?
After our appointment we went to Horseradish Grill for a huge birthday lunch! This has always been one of my favorite places but I had never been with Mr. Brad. Then last night we met some friends at Brookhaven's newest eatery, Verde. We finished the night with Brad's favorite - Coconut cake - straight from my Mawmaw's kitchen. We even took Dr. Amos and his best-Atlanta friend, Cody on a late night walk. You know you are getting old when you end your birthday on a walk around the neighborhood with another couple friend and their dog. I love having someone that doesn't mind walking with me at any hour! I'm not sure about Brad but I had a great "Brad's birthday!" Thanks for all the birthday wishes he says......stay tuned for any other types of exciting news that may happen any moment.......

No comments:

Post a Comment