Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Brooks!

Brooks is one month old today! Everyone eat a cupcake at lunch for him. I can't believe one month has already gone by and I can't believe the little guy is over 10lbs already!
I received this book in the mail yesterday, the Wonder Weeks. A friend suggested I find it because it talked about all the growth stages babies go through in the first year. They claim there are 8 "wonder weeks" in a babies life. Well, last night I was reading to Brad about the 5th weeks' developments. Fussiness is common because babies senses are heightened during this time and everything around them is becoming more vivid - sights, sounds, touch, and even tastes. The book also said that during this time you will notice that a baby is more clingy. Well clingy and fussy are the two words I would use to describe the little man as of late.....until today! This morning the little bug has been working on his goofy smile all morning. I never thought a little person could be so entertaining! Who needs the beach....this is good stuff! The book says that as the baby comes out of this first wonder week you will notice that he seems a little more grown up (true), he won't burp as much (true true), and you will start to see more of a smile in response to things (true true true!) Thank you, Melissa, for suggesting this book! 8 weeks is the next big transition so stay tuned.
In the meantime, eat a cupcake and say a prayer of thanks for the sweet little guy. Hopefully we'll have a camera some time today and can post some updated pictures. He is a little Brad if you ask me. Yay for 1 month!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you crack me up. You do realize that you are speaking of him as though he is a week further along than he really is. He is suppose to be clingly this week and seem more grown up at the end of the 5th week.

    I like to believe that Brookes is just already ahead of the curve. He's going to be like me and travers, we were never on any baby charts as far as size goes, and when I was born my pediatrician told my mom to go home and bind my feet they were so big.

    I love y'all! Give all the boys a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete