Thursday, June 4, 2009

He's still cute

Brad's baby has acne. Not my baby. His baby has acne and his baby cries for no reason. During the day my baby doesn't let out a noise even close to a cry and his skin is as smooth as butter. Brad gets home and the baby greets him with an unnecessary wail of a cry (is that how you spell "wail"?) and a pimple pops up on his chin. My book says the tears indicate his "fussy time." Why must fussy time start right when dad walks in the door? I am sure after a long day at work that is the last thing Mr. Brad longs to hear but I guess - welcome to parenthood, right? The internet says the bumps are due to the surge of hormones during late pregnancy. I am glad I am not the only hormonal basket case around here. The only thing normal about our days is Amos. I just love that you can count on your dog for a sense of normalcy. He still eats twice a day, loves peanut butter and chases things that we never actually see. We swear he has ESP and sees through the walls. He still comes and lays his head on my lap when I may be a little blue or exhausted. He can sense it. He comes to get me too when Brooks cries. It is quite endearing. I am so glad we have an Amos dog to teach Brooks the ways of the world in these coming months.

On other notes - I put clothes on at 3:24pm today. I think having a baby has hit me. The first days out of the hospital I took Brooks around like my show and tell toy at school. Last night I hit a wall of exhaustion and so did Brooks. He was up every two hours last night and though he was wide awake I know he was just overdone for the day and too tired to even sleep. So today I did what most post-pardom ladies do - nothing. I was fine until the rain came and I was really trapped inside. So tonight as Brad and Brooks have napped on the couch (sooooo cute!) I went and walked up and down the stairs of the condo in the rain. Nothing seems out of the norm these days and I blame everything unusual on hormones (which supposedly they have left my body and that is why I feel so out of it)....I think I'll stick to that excuse for a while though.

And on other other notes my seester turns 18 tomorrow! I changed her diapers! I am just in shock tonight that this day has come. My baby seester is all grown up and about to spread her wings to fly. I am excited about this next adventure at UGA for her but I am selfishly wishing I could still dress her in clothes and play with her like my own live toy. I hope we can see too much of each other in this next season even though she will be in Athens. She is going to be the most fun aunt I just know it. HAPPY 18 MARY LAUREN (I am the only one that still calls her Mary Lauren.) Oh how I love her!





Mary Lauren and the 8lb watermelon I swallowed the day before he pooped out!

No comments:

Post a Comment