Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June already!

I just realized it was June last night as I lay in bed after a 2am party with the baby. Did you know it was already June? School is out, the temperature is near 90 everyday in Atlanta and the 4th of July is near. Oh, and last night there were lightning bugs everywhere on our walk. I really couldn't sleep last night as I lay there letting the weeks and months catch up to me. I guess because we had such a monumental event happen in May I blocked out the other months leading up to that day and I guess I didn't know how time would go on after that day. And then of course the last few weeks have been a whirlwind full of firsts, tears, laughs, confusion, nerves (as I try to venture out in the world with a 10lb human), visits, and sleep deprivation. So it dawned on me last night that it is June which means half of this year is over. I hate that I spent the first part of the year longing for May to come as now it has come and gone and the little baby is already grown and ready to date girls! Seriously, last night was his first night sleeping in his own room, in his own bed. I admit, I was a little emotional as Brad put him to bed at 10:30 last night. I just want time to stop and let me stare at the little guy for a few weeks and then things can pick back up. Even though my whole day is devoted to Brooks I wouldn't trade this short little season for anything. Can't he just sleep in my room for the first year? Amos sleeps in our room. I hate for Brooks to feel left out. Plus, I was a negligent mother with Brooks in his own bed last night. At 2am when I could hear that Brooks was looking for a snack through the monitor I politely turned the monitor off so I wouldn't wake up Brad. I subconsciously decided another two minutes in bed would make up for the hour I would be awake so I gave myself 2 more minutes. That 2 minutes turned into 40 and I woke myself up in a panic remembering that Brooks had started to wake up nearly an hour ago. Oops. I guess crying is good for them as the pediatrician says it is about the only exercise they are getting at this age......and he got a good 40 minute workout last night! Poor guy......I felt so awful for my little mistake. Tonight I'll let him back in our room so I don't get sent away for my negligence to our dependent infant.

Anyway, it is June and I am floored. Though I know that there is a little thing in our lives that could fully entertain us throughout the day - I am feeling like I need some BIG things on the calendar. Like a beach trip! That is what we normally do in the summer and I think Brooks would like to see his parents happy at the beach. Or what about a summer concert at Chastain? We love Chastain Amphitheatre in the summer under the stars with some yummy food in a picnic basket. Ironically, we have no weddings for several weeks. We have no supper club, no bible studies, no nothing for awhile! So please invite the three of us somewhere. I want to do summer things now that I realized the summer is in full swing. Maybe Brooks and I will play on the slip and slide today and eat those cheap little Popsicles in the plastic wrapper. The blue one is my favorite flavor. I wonder which one will be Brooks' very favorite????

Here are a few pictures that my dear friend Kerie took of Brooks last week. I think she is truly the best photographer around. I love that she always captures the perfect expression for the perfect moment (like the ones of our wedding below.) What a treat!







2 comments:

  1. Betsy: I am so glad to "meet" Brooks - God bless your family as you enjoy each and every moment! Love you! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here thinking how fun it would be to be packing a cooler for a concert at Chastain, taking the babies along, and a tall bottle of wine for us. And we are wearing our fun new summer dresses with bathing suit tan lines. OH, to live in the South! How does all that sound?

    ReplyDelete