Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A really really fabulous day

I woke up this morning (which implies I fell asleep) and I knew this was truly "my" day. It was the first morning I have started off sans a headache in the "J" months. And the lack of aching in my head lasted the whole day! I just did a cartwheel at that news. Yall, I honestly didn't know it felt soooo good to not have pain behind the eyes and around the top of my neck all day! Brad left our staycation house for work this morning and the boys and I enjoyed a life of luxury in someone else's home the whole day!

After a lazy morning we came home to a picnic in the backyard and then while the boys napped I did the unthinkable - NOTHING! Seriously, I floated in the pool while reading my latest mindless novel for nearly 2 hours drinking and Anry-Palmer until we had some company over to swim. I spent half of the morning talking to myself, or God, rather, just thanking Him for one really good-normal kind of day. I think I logged over 6 hours of sleep last night and though I may have had to swallow a pill to get that - it was worth it!

I really think God gave me this day to give me enough hope to get to the next really good day. I am so thankful for this glimpse of our reality....the boys are really very fun right now. They are always saying something new or doing something for the first time. My camera is broken right now and that was truly the worst part of today....not being able to capture the first time Brooks jumped in the pool and swam by himself (or with flotation assistance I mean) and the way William cackled this afternoon when Brad walked in the door. These days are so rich, each one of them. I know that I am missing so much by spending so many of my days exhausted and preoccupied with the "S" word so it was such a treat today to get to snuggle with the boys and tell them over and over how much fun they are to me.

My heart is stuffed to the max right now with gratitude and joy. I think I might hold my breath and keep it all in so it won't go away. It just feels too good to feel normal.....

No comments:

Post a Comment