Wednesday, July 6, 2011

William: Definition


*My camera is still broken so iphone photos are all we have of the monsters! Sorry...

Under the picture posted a few days ago there didn't necessarily need to be any caption. Like I said, enough said. But in the rare case that his sly smile made you think that he was an angel from the sky - I thought I might do a little correcting. My favorite thing about having children yet isn't hearing them say my name or tell my they "wuv me 'dis much" or watching them run down the driveway like it's the most fun thing one could ever do....no, it is far better. It is watching them interact with each other. I know I am bias but I am so grateful to have more than one child. I couldn't imagine never seeing my child be a sibling to someone. My most prized moments come when B-man rubs W's head and says "it's otay, budder" after he had "unintentionally" knocked him down. Or hearing the nursery workers at the gym tell me that B comforted W while I was away. But then I also get to see the way W looks at B as if he is the biggest, coolest, most fun boy in the world. W chases B all around the house and he squeals when he even gets near him. Oh, and then B will run into W's room after a morning nap exclaiming "Good mornin budder!!" I love it!

Anyway, lately as I have watched the two interact it has become clear to me how entirely different they are from eachother. I always refer to them as a unit ... the boys...but in these last few weeks the little-fat-man as we call him (he's okay with it....trust me) has taken on a life of his own and he will let everyone know about it! Goodness, I am going to love (and be challenged by) this boys spirit!

So here is a definition of William, our plump little fireball....
Determined
Feisty
Dramatic
Quick
Vivacious
Fearless
Wiggly
Confident
Boisterous
Happy

But he has a soft side and in the last few weeks when we first go somewhere in public he will lay his little head on my shoulder as if he is wanting someone to think he is shy {scratch that - his head is huuuge but it is still sweet.} Of course, seconds later he is wiggling out of my hands to go find the nearest wire or hammer or piece of glass. I had it easy the first go round....B was interested in books and trees! Help me!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like we have the exact same human in different genders. If I ever did any bagwell-ninness matchmaking, I'd probably hope for Brooks. MK and William would spontaneously combust and/or kill each other!

    ReplyDelete