Thursday, March 17, 2011

70 and 7

Big Daddy (Brad's dad) turned a young but big new age yesterday. Brooks called to wish him a happy birthday and you would have thought we sent him on a trip to Hawaii he was so excited. I just love that don't you. The joy that all of the grandparents to our children express by just being in their presence makes me long to be a grannie. Of course I share a different kind of joy for our boys but I am just really attracted to the invaluable role of a grandparent. And as every parent would love to do - we are sending our gift down to visit this weekend in the form of a 18-toothed, giggling boy. Happy Birthday Big Daddy! We are so thrilled that all you wanted was our son for your special birthday!

Speaking of birthdays, our prince William put another one on his belt yesterday. Yes, we are over the half way mark and as I experienced the first time, I know we'll be flying to the finish line of the first year. This isn't out of desire but it's just the way it goes....6 months and then all of a sudden they are on the move and we have another one year old! I pleaded with God yesterday to allow me to feel every second with every fiber of me so that I could remember what a squishy, animated seven month old felt like once upon a time.

Whether we realize it fully now I know that William is the missing piece to our family picture. He provides balance and entertainment at just the right moment. He is snuggly and loves being held and I love holding him. He may seriously not crawl until he is two because I can't seem to put him down and if I try he lets me know that he liked the view from my hip much better.

We are still battling my hormones and the adrenal fatigue that has set up camp in our house as a result of having a baby right after a baby but all the strife in the world would not cause me to think twice about this sweet baby. He is so very special to me and he truly makes me smile and feel gratitude each day. And though he is much more of a snuggler than our first child, he has his fiesty moments and it is humorous to watch him "attack" his brother as if size is of no importance. We both love this stage - where you really start to see the personality of a child and we are excited about a fun spring and summer outdoors with our boys! Happy 7 month birthday, little William.

A few thoughts about you:
*You let me know you are ready to nap by arching your back and twisting out of my hands
*You haven't had one thing in your mouth that didn't appeal to you
*You love sweet potatoes and avocados most
*You sleep like a champ and I am so glad that you do because a non-sleeping mommy and non-sleeping baby would make for a horrific combo
*You hold a big wide smile on your face and then when you catch someones gaze your mouth opens even wider
*You wear 9-12 month clothes (and are unfortunately in opposite seasons than your brother was...)
*You LOVE the car!
*You love stroller rides
*You are way too big for the baby bjourn but I still use it in hopes to get some laundry done on occasion
*You are taking two naps if you are lucky, three if you are real lucky....unfortunately you have to go to your bro's schedule
*You sit on your own but have yet to roll over again since you learned how to sit
*We get to spend the whole weekend with just you! We can't wait to get to know you more!


Pictures to come I hope....

No comments:

Post a Comment