Thursday, March 3, 2011

Not even $1,000,000 or a day at the spa

Bring out the choir and the champagne. Wear your best dress because honey, we are celebrating today! And by we I mean me because my other half is sick on the couch. Yuck. I'm choosing to believe that God gave us an immeasurable amount of grace today by giving me some energy and rest I hadn't felt in weeks on the very day that Brad would dive into the pit (rather than believing that this was just by chance). Since I am rarely your beacon of hope these days we are going to celebrate the good on this blog today and just kinda turn away from the bad (but all the while shout out some little prayers that my male nurse is better in the morning and that boys are happy as fat babies eating cupcakes).

You couldn't have given me any amount of money today in trade for the euphoric feelings that danced throughout my head and body all day. I don't know how I got there but I got to sleep last night and I logged the most hours that my bed has seen in many months. And let me tell you oh skeptical readers - SLEEP is sooooo good! When you are sleeping normally you would never even imagine what a night of poor sleep could feel like and today I was that girl (maybe a little drugged) but I was that normal girl wondering why people don't go to sleep at night. Crazies!

Seriously, today was a new day. Even if it was only one day and I have 10 more not-fun days today was a light in the darkness and it truly reminded me that all I need is a little shut eye to truly be back to functioning. So, thank you, thank you for your prayers this week. We are so grateful for today and for the lift in spirits that we all experienced (even the virus-ridden boy in the house).

This is what happiness looks like on the face of babes.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better, even if it was just for one day! Your boys are so big and so handsome! I hope the hubby gets better soon and that your nights of fabulous sleep continue:) By the way, I saw the pictures of you from your party and you look Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete