Friday, February 22, 2008

Yu-Me

My toes are screaming because of what my belly just tasted. Oh-my-delish-a-yummy-ness! This early morning I awoke to the hard rain and the dark dark...the kind that you know is going to stay around longer than usual. But much to my bodies dismay - I bolted out of bed and headed for 'el gimnasio' (gym - in English, chica). I din't even have to teach a class...well, I thought I did so that is what got me there but when I got there - I learned it wasn't my Friday to teach. Now normally I may have comvinced myself that I should go home because the dark dark was calling, my bed was oh-so-warm, and I have a long weekend with highschoolers ahead so rest in needed. Not this morning. No-siree. I started hopping back and forth to get my blood flowing and decided to make the most of my pre-morning time. So, the only downside to this whole scenario is that early-a.m. workouts do something amazing to my self confidence. And this is a bad thing. I begin to think that I will never have to work out another day in my life and that anything I eat will burn off before it enters my mouth.
Enter (Stage Left) The Most Amazing Brownie I Have Ever Tasted.
Ever.
I am a HUGE fan of brownies and chocolate chip cookies. I dont need cake or breads or muffins or cupcakes or fondue or creme things or puffs or trifles or mousse or icecream. Just a brownie or a chocolate chip cookie. But I am a natzi (is that PC to say on the internet? I dont know) about my chocolate based favorite treats. I need perfect texture...slightly crisp on the edges but super gooey in the middle - the way Kat taught me to make them years ago at the Terrace. This lesson may be the most valuable lesson to date and now that I think of it...I have never fully aknowledged that dear-Kat was the dear-teacher (and she is a real teacher now which is just suiting. So selfless.) When I lived at the Terrace we always had cookie dough in the fridge. I thought that the other 3 roommates helped me stock the fridge with our favorite - Pillsbury Family sized roll cookie dough but come to learn the truth - it was all my doing. I am the butterball for sure. Anyway, it was always our favorite thing to make up some perfect cookies for any occasion...new episode of Grey's, a pretty Saturday morning, Catie finishing one of her never-ending projects, our yard being cut, Kat making an A on a project (she always did), a birthday, an anniversary of an old relationship (yes, girls always remember those days (until you get married, no worries B-rad)), an expected visitor or just because. I think this trick has something to do with the pursuit of Mr. Brad for Misses-me. He loved my cookies! And other things but he certainly never turned down a cookie or four. And I love him for that. No one should ever insult someone who offers them a homemade (or Pillsbury-perfectly-baked) cookie. Rude. Fortunately, Brad never resisted.

Back to the subject at hand. The brownie I just inhaled in the office. Soft, chewy, a few scatterd nuts, a few crums that fall into my hand to make the experience last longer, just enough sweet and tart to make your tastebuds go nuts....mmmmmm....my tummy shakes just thinking about it and anticipating the next time I might treat it again. So this little contraption of cocoa and nuts has truly made my Friday. And like I said, what is even better than milk with the brownie is that fact that before I even ate the prized-brownie, I had already worked it off. I love early morning workouts! TGIF.....

(Funny....now that I look back at the title of the post it looks like I am saying "You-Me". No no no. Yuuuuuuuuu-mmmmmmmy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment