Tuesday, February 23, 2010

9 big ole' months!

The baby boy is 9 months old today. And just as I said last month and the month before and the month before - this one is going to be so much fun. Within the last week Curious Brooks has perfected and learned so many tricks. I love watching him do something the first time and then within 20 minutes act like he is the master of universe which of course he is to us!

He had his 9 month check up today and there is nothing major to report other than he is about average on all accounts (of course, way above average in my mind!) and he is super fidgety and likes to flirt with the nurses. He has to take his clothes off to get his weight and you know how he loves naked time! He was crawling all over the office and squealing like he was at Disney World. He wasn't as thrilled about the attempted (note: attempted) vision test. Oh well, we'll try that one next time and in the mean time just believe even his eye sight is perfect. Just in case you are on the edge of your seat wondering....he was 21lbs and 28inches. He was so happy to be back in his regular Pediatrician's office. He loves Dr. Pip and so do I! Dr. Pip told him he could have a grilled cheese any day now and Brooks leaned over and kissed him on the nose for that news!

Note to new moms - don't mention to the nurse that you've had a rough morning because your baby fell off the bed and slammed his finger in a cabinet. I thought we were being cordial - just shooting the breeze and then I was interrogated with questions that made me feel like I had thrown the baby off the bed by his feet and into a wall or something. Baby is just fine after some "I've never done that before, why did my mom abandon me for .2 seconds, I think I should cry even though I am tough and not hurt" screaming but I am still severely scarred. I vowed to him that I would never ever do it again and that I was so sorry. There was an angel protecting that fall - I promise because somehow the gymnast did 1.5 flips and landed on all fours like a cat. I've replayed the event over and over and every time I want to turn curl up in a ball and declare worst mom of the year but I still can't figure out how he landed so perfectly (other than he is perfect) and he was certainly being protected from someone above who loves him very much.

Just so I can remember this for this second baby (because isn't it true that when someone asks you how you did this or when Brooks started doing that - you don't remember what your child even wore the day before! Nod your heads - very true)...so here we go...
Brooks
*pulls up onto anything that is 6 inches above his crawling eyesight whether it is remotely stable or not
* is actually real baby crawling rather than that one armed injured army veteran crawl he had so mastered last month
* sleeps 7:30-7:30 pretty consistently and now takes the longest morning nap ever - long enough to make me actually twiddle my thumbs in anticipation for him to wake up! But he takes a quick hour afternoon nap and he fights it the whole way.
*drinks 4 6-ounce bottles and eats breakfast and dinner. He love blueberries, black beans, rice, yogurt, socks (yes) and of course bananas and sweet potatoes (and anything grandma Nise isn't supposed to give him but does anyway. Gotta love grandma!)
*likes to clap his hands if you ask him to and he has sort of started giving me a slobbery kiss though you might mistake it as a messy head bump or something
*wears 12 month clothes, loves bath time still, loves being naked, likes to throw things on the floor as a game, holds his bottle by himself and doesn't want me to feed him, plays peek a boo, thinks Amos is funny and likes to pull on his face, and giggles the whole time he is in a swing at the park!
*says "da da da" even after I say "ma ma ma"
*doesn't think teeth are cool
*flirts with anyone who will give him attention
*is currently licking the window of the sliding glass door because it makes a funny sound and he can see his reflection (and who knows, maybe it tastes good? The boy hasn't found a menu he didn't like!)
*makes my heart flutter when he smiles at me or reaches for me or makes a noise at me or heck, even when he poops on me - I fall more in love.

Thank you, Mr. Brooks for giving me a purpose on a daily basis. Thank you for giggling even when your mom and dad are overwhelmed, exhausted, and a little out of it from the last 6 crazy months! You are our joy every single day! Now off to celebrate at mom and dad's favorite place - Taqueria Del Sol.....welcome home!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Welcome home! Let's get together for a walk or something immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm finally catching up on you after a few weeks away from blog land...welcome back!

    ReplyDelete