Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A day at the park

I will miss Forsyth park. Situated on the west end of the city and marked by the perimeter of moss adorned trees, this mile stretch of the city has come to be one of my favorite places anywhere. Due to this horrid winter weather this season experienced throughout the typically mild South East we haven't been able to spend hours on end in the park like I would have liked when we first moved here. Yesterday Brooks and I had lunch at a new cafe in the middle of the park with some friends and then we spent the rest of the day taking in one of our favorite places. I was a little weepy strolling around because I could just see the activity and life that would come to live at the park in a few weeks as the temperature creeps a little higher. Of course, the perfect Savannah weather is on it's way just as we are set to leave. Needless to say, we had a fun afternoon hitting all of the corners of the park and getting a little wind burnt in the meantime!





No comments:

Post a Comment