Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ironically, much better

{Jump to pictures below if I ran you off yesterday with my whining. Sorry.} No, friends, I didn't get in my car and drive until I hit a dead end. I didn't even lose my patience with my sweet little ones. Maybe I lost it with the dog who always seems to be under my feet when I am feeling a little edgy but he forgives. I am here and I feel great! We feel great! The boys and I had a great Saturday together while daddy was getting his redneck on at (or in?) Talladega, Alabama. Wait - is it a city or a place? I am not sure but I know he had his jean shorts on when he left and was headed straight for the border.

If you had told me last night that today I would feel this good right now I would have raised my brow at you and made you feel silly. As you knew, I was already drained from the week and I knew that today, a Saturday, would be spent without my teammate as he would be off howling at the moon and spitting tobacco with the boys all day at the "tar race" as Brooks has said all day. But today was soooo good! God truly gave me the energy I asked for yesterday and we enjoyed a full day together. I'm thankful that He answered my plea even when it seemed I was being a little silly.

I was energized today despite few hours of good sleep AND I had an angel land on my doorstep in the form of a sister and I was able to get out for a few hours and let the windows down. I may have even done a little dancing in the dressing room while searching for the perfect summer thing that I don't need. And, that, friends, is how I know I am muuuuch better. What a full heart I have as I just put the littlest man to bed and he just clung to my hair - probably unknowingly but I love that he didn't want to let me go and I know his little heart forgives me for my selfishness yesterday. I'm so grateful God will not let me miss these precious days even when I am at my worst.
***
Umm, Could he be any more particular? Socks off, blanket on head, and extra blanket next to me just in case. Thanks, mom.
And, could he be any more of a goober? This little boy is so theatrical about the smallest thing and I love him for it!
When your trip to Target looks like this luckily you don't have much room for every item on the $1 aisle or a package of toilet paper. We had fun though!
Bethenny Frankel, move over, we like our "Bathies" over here, too! There was no room for daddy but he didn't miss the fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment