Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ponies, cupcakes, and Spring time....oh my!

First, I feel the need to divulge some of my deepest secrets. You can judge us all you want after you read this but fortunately, we are secure enough in our hippie-identities to not worry about your opinions. So here it goes....last night Brad and I turned to the pot. We have never done such a thing before and I surely never thought our first time would be after a splendid Saturday in the sun. I guess I figured it be some time on a beach or in the woods together but we went there and I am now a believer. Yes, friends, we took our first trip down the road of natural medicine and whether or not it actually helped any of our pollen-ridden symptoms - we both felt so pure, and so relieved that we didn't care.

You got it....we hit the neti pot! Short of buying a face mask for the two of us for the next few yellow weeks in Georgia Brad and I have tried every medicine available to no avail so yesterday we splurged on a little tea pot and some saline solution in order to try to relieve some of the crud inside our sinuses. I'll give you more of a report later but I will say we both felt a little bit of instant relief and went to bed feeling a little more clear and in harmony with nature. I hope the covering of yellow only stays a few more days so we can actually enjoy the perfect temps here in Atlanta!

Speaking of perfect temps......It's Masters week!!! I can't tell you what my heart does as Masters week approaches. Many of my most favorite times were spent roaming around Augusta with my favorite college friend, scooping out the players, cute boys, cheap sandwiches, and southern fashions. Brad and I spent one of our favorite dates during our short courtship on the greens of the Augusta national as well. The last few years we have spent Master's Saturday at our friends annual party but they moved this Winter so we need to find another tradition to fill the party's spot. Oh, thank goodness for spring weather, blooming flowers, and memories to last a life time!

***
Despite the pollen, we spent much of yesterday outside suffering and laughing with both our next door neighbors, some fun neighborhood friends at a birthday party, and a dear couple who treated us to a relaxing dinner last night. Our hearts are so full this weekend as the aura of the weekend has been 100 times better than last weekend. We are confident God has lead us in a direction for true redemption from the last few months of sleeplessness. It may take several weeks or months to be fully healed and back to sleep but we feel so cared for by our sweet friends, family, and our heavenly father who knows our best.

Enjoy some pictures of the munchkins down on the farm at our friend Karcyn's 2nd birthday!




2 comments:

  1. I really thought y'all had smoked pot. I know how desperate you've been lately and thought maybe, just maybe you went there and it helped!!! Glad it was just the neti!

    So glad things are looking up! Love you! Want to go on a double date soon? Just the big kids!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like y'all had a great weekend. I'm so glad - you deserve it! You did have me wondering too with that first paragraph... let's talk this week! We are missing our Masters party too. : ( We're having our neighbors over for a makeshift one this Saturday, but it's not the same!

    ReplyDelete