Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oh no, mommy

This little saying is on repeat in our house these days. Whether the mac and cheese fell on the floor or William rolled onto his tummy and then slammed his head on the ground on the second roll - this is what we hear....."oh no, mommy!"

Well, oh no, mommy {daddy is in trouble} is just what I was thinking this morning when I saw this on our white board calendar hanging in the kitchen. APRIL 21 - PUBLIX!!!! The new Publix at Town Brookhaven makes it's debut today and I would be lying if I told you I didn't care. I have a slight fixation with Publix already. What's not to love.....a cookie for the little one while riding in his over sized {read: unmaneuverable} space shuttle poised as a grocery cart, no ugly orange stickers pronouncing a few cents off a box of cereal, the perfect chicken finger for any picnic, the buy one get one weekly sales that allow me to only get one for half the price, and the best store brand ice cream a family could want. And, not to add, this Publix that is not even a mile from my house is said to be 90% organic! Can I get a big ole Amen! I have searched every grocery store in a five mile radius (which is about 6 stores) for organic grapes - the one item all foodies would agree is best organic - and there isn't a store nearby that carried them. I feel silly getting all emotional over a grocery store but when you have two little ones this weekly trip is a half a days worth of entertainment or a raging train wreck - depending on how kid-friendly the store might be.

I read, too, that my new favorite store will have curb side service so in theory I could order the groceries online and then pick them up several hours later. This service isn't for me as I love to walk the aisles and dream of things I don't need to buy but might need at some point in the next several months. Somehow I still never seem to have the staples in my pantry when I need them but I have every snack to hit the market growing stale on our few shelves of food.

Ill take this though - a cafe serving gelato and coffee? Nice. I vividly remember having a "night out" to eat at the Publix deli when I was young. My dad would travel and my mom was smarter than I thought. We could order what we wanted and terrorize the cafe while she would do her shopping for the week. Smart smart.

So, William is napping and resting his bright eyes for our big adventure and Brooks has multiple pockets on his shorts today - enough for storing a few free cookies for my expectantly long trip to the new Publix. Never did I think the grand opening of a grocery store would be the highlight of my week but I love that it is! Oh, the life of a stay at home mom......

No comments:

Post a Comment