Friday, April 22, 2011

Toddlers, plastic eggs, marshmallows, and a good Good Friday

Mama here. But barely. I just took the most painful, exhausting, insane, make-me-want-to-curse-even-on-Good Friday, workout class at my gym that a body could ever endure and by endure I mean - leave alive but drooling, nauseous, dizzy, and crawling to my car. And to think I may actually go back next week?

You see, I had a baby EIGHT months ago and stopped nursing nearly THREE months ago but I still leisurely eat chocolate and monkey bread (that I just HAD to make for the boys...who know exactly what monkey bread is - not!) like I'm feeding two or more people everyday. News flash: you had a baby EIGHT months ago which is closer to a year than I like to thin which means it is well past the window where a new mom can eat whatever/whenever she wants. But since I don't see my caloric intake declining any time soon (hello Milk Chocolate mini cadbury eggs!!! and a new Publix around the corner with gazillions of samples) I decided I would actually try to get back into burning some of those calories that were so fun to eat but now so miserable to burn off.

Anywho, I am happy to be back at the gym because that means I am closer to being back to my old self again - and not over ridden with wacky hormones and other crazy sicknesses. Praise God! Really, all week, all day, everyday all I can do is repeat "thank you, God," as I start to feel more normal more and more each day. And then I sit and think how it ever felt to not feel good? I can't imagine that for so many weeks and months my body and my mind just didn't work right. What a perfect week to start feeling better, too. Easter week is my favorite week of the year. I say it every year but I always feel a newness with this week. I feel forgiven, free, and renewed - and usually the weather seems to be at it's perfect spring peak. I am excited to get to spend this weekend with all of my siblings for Easter! I never thought there would be a day where we went so long in between seeing each other but with marriages and careers that day has come. What a treat to get to see everyone this weekend! Yet another reason to be thankful......

With my new found energy this week I decided to throw together a little mini easter egg hunt for Brooks and all of his women. Literally. The boy knows how to woo the ladies - invite them over for some monkey bread and marshmallow stuffed Easter Eggs! An Easter Egg hunt with 1-2 year olds is quite humorous. You can tell the kids have no clue why their mommy's are shouting and pointing and jumping all over the yard. And the more the commotion - the more confused they seem! On precious little girlfriend of Brooks' hadn't even had a practice round and she literally ran the whole yard over taking 80% of the eggs! If Brad were around I think he would approve of Caroline for Brooks' first date to prom - confident and quick on her feet! The other girls and Brooks caught on once they realized one amazing mother had stuffed her eggs with bunny shaped marshmallows! Anyway, I didn't get a video of the chaos but it was such a delight to watch the little people figure out their love/hate of the plastic little eggs.

We're off to Good Friday Service at our church tonight. Every year this service is one of my favorites and I don't think anyone has ever left with a dry eye. Today this service I know will be all the more powerful as I am confident that this was the week that the Lord brought me out of a long fog. My heart is so full. My belly is too, thanks to the monkey bread. Enjoy this beautiful Easter weekend!
***
Yet the Lord LONGS to be gracious to {me}. Therefore, he rises up to show {me} compassion. For he is a god of justice. Blessed are those who WAIT on the Lord.
Isaiah 30:18

***







No comments:

Post a Comment