Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pinch me!

The last few weeks as a mom of two has been quite {ahem} fun. I've started to feel better and while I know I still have a little ways to go the slight change in my energy and increase in sleep has totally transformed my attitude! I can once again attest that sleep makes all the difference in the world!
Ever since the temperature here has started up the incline I have started to pull out entertainment for two babies from nowhere! Brooks favorite new playground is inside my car so I will park the car in the shade and let his little imagination go! We have also been having a pic nic in the front yard everyday for lunch. Our front yard has a very slight hill and it is without fail that William reaches for a runaway grape and he rolls three circles down the hill. He is in a funny stage. He really just wants to run with Brooks but he has yet mastered how to move anywhere but backwards. I am glad he is taking his time crawling as I am not ready to have two on the move. I think his lack of moving symbolizes this last little season of "babies" for me for awhile and once he is on all fours the bottles are put away soon after and we are in full on toddler mode. I can't really allow myself to think of those days because I truly can't picture them. I am running low on the entertainment ideas as it is - with two we may be turning to make up and cleaning...two things I know! Sorry daddy!
Yesterday we visited the airport park and Brooks saw a girl on the swing set from his class. Watch out dad's of little girls! This boy knows how to woo the ladies. He sat right next to her on the stairs and maybe reached his hand over to her pocket. My friend caught the action below. If you ask me he is looking pretty rough....can we say haircut please? And maybe a bandaid or two?
Then today after a kick-my-tail-workuot-because-I-only-have-a-few-weeks-until-Key Largo (Yes, KEY LARGO!) the boys and I had another picnic full of fruit thrown everywhere and mac and cheese stuck to our blanket but who cares....then we hit the slide. I've concluded that anything I once considered kinda redneck is no longer with two boys around. I will do ANYTHING for good entertainment! {And a shot of a little boys bottom



I have had many more of those "pinch me" moments lately with the boys. For the most part William eats or watches Brooks with amazement. I love catching him just grinning so big as he watches Brooks play with cars or run around like a madman. William is so ready to be right next to Brooks' every step and it truly is beautiful to watch. And Brooks floors me everyday. Last week he started turning around on the rug in the playroom exclaiming "Asses, asses, fall down." Of course I came running to wonder where he had learned his new word {surely not me} and then I saw him on the ground and realized he must have picked up ring around the rosy at school. Watching a child learn about the world around him is truly one of the most humbling things I could ever imagine. Brooks loves to mimick his dad in every way, too. Whether it's riding high in "daddy's truck" or looking up at the trees on the porch...he is a daddy's boy! (Unless he gets hurt and of course he couldn't scream "mama" louder!) Anyway, pinch me. I know these itty-bitty days are flying past us and I know I will only have pictures (and the blog) to remind me of their innocence and their trust as babies. I am grateful to get to shape these two boys in whatever way I can. What a chore! In the mean time, I need some good summer entertainment ideas before I pull out the make up!

{Can you tell I'm a little more mushy when I get a few hours of sleep?}

No comments:

Post a Comment