Thursday, May 19, 2011

There's a sticker on your back, birthday boy!


I love suspense. Not in the gory, loud movie at night kind of way but more so in the "my husband is playing golf all day for his birthday and little does he know that someone placed a sticker on his back announcing that it was his birthday" kinda way. I just chuckle-snorted as I wrote that. I have no clue what the birthday boy's response will be when someone brings my surprise to light as he is practice swinging for his firs shot at PDC.

What do you think?
a) He will have tingles all over his body as he feels the love sent through a sticker straight from me to him on his special day?
B) He will turn pink in the face and use all of his energy and focus just trying to remain cool and calm while inside burning with fury at my joke.

I really have no clue as I have yet to purposefully and publicly embarrass my husband, especially on his birthday. As you know - I am a birthday kinda girl. It's not at all that I like the attention or the party or the present but I do really appreciate the thought that those closest to me put into making a birthday special. ANd while I don't think Brad is wired the same way I secretly think anyone loves being made a fuss over on their own birthday.....and especially the birthday that sends you into MIDDLE AGE! Maybe a sticker on your back declaring that it is your birthday and that your wife loves you isn't the fuss that many would appreciate but when you have limited resources and two mini-me's restricting your ability to say, fly to the Caribbean on a minutes notice, a sticker will do.

So we want to wish our either giddy with joy or raged with fury father and husband a very happy THIRTIETH BIRTHDAY! How much do we love you? Let us count the ways.... (In no specific order....just as they come...)
1) You have the prettiest, longest eye lashes and you gave them to our boys and I covet them.
2) You drive a truck.
3) You bring the drama factor in the house down to a good average. You are easy and low key and peaceful. You are needed for those reasons.
4) Your faith is simple and beautiful. You understand your need for a Savior and that your life is purposeful.
5) You are from South Georgia. I always wanted to be a part of a real South Georgia boy's life but didn't know it would really happen.
6) You love being outside and you see beauty in everything.
7) You make pretty babies.
8) You are the kind of father every kid needs. You get excited over little things, you like to wrestle, you tell our boys you are proud of them, and you enjoy teaching and training them - not just commanding that they respect you.
9) You like good music.
10) You are the most selfless person I have ever met. You constantly put me and the boys above any of your needs.
11) Your work ethic is to be praised. You set your mind to something and you do it.
12) You will do something with me even if it isn't your favorite thing to do just to be able to spend time with me.
13) You have a good sense of fashion.
14) You treat your mama and sister like they are queens which is why I knew I could marry you.
15) You make a V-neck t-shirt look good and I DESPISE V-neck t-shirts.
16) You are good at anything you try whether it is golf, politics, or tennis. You are versatile.
17) Ambidextrous. How cool.
18) Red hair. Even cooler.
19) You put up with me. (And my 9 months of sleepless nights now. Basically you are a saint.)
20) Your edgy and you will try new things.
21) You aren't bound by other people's opinions.
22) You are self made. Everything that has come your way has been by your own determination....not the hand of anyone else.
23) You make friends easily.
24) You can do a mean handstand in the front yard.
25) What other South Ga boy roller blades?
26) You like to travel with me.
27) You do not judge other people for their differences but rather you are fascinated by them.
28) You love the Lord above anything else.
29) You're Hot.
30) You are my very best friend and the one person that has seen me at my worse but you still love me the same.

We are the lucky ones, birthday boy! We hope you are enjoying your big day on the golf course. And I hope your golf buddies are a little easy on you knowing that it is your birthday via my secretly placed birthday sticker!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Brad! Hope y'all had an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete