Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cute and the most un-cute....ever

Cute.


I found this picture that a friend took from about 8 months ago. Goodness how the boys have changed...and slimmed down a bit! Maybe I can follow suit as you'll hear me rant in the next not-so-cute portion of this post.




And the most un-cute...ever
I'm taking one section from this plethora of words and pictures and stories and I am going to sort of.... complain. Turn me in or think less of me but I have to indulge myself.
This pregnancy is robbing me of any hint of appreciation I may have ever had for myself. I certainly have my fair share of qualities that I would trade if I were so given the option but for the most part I'm a celebrator of this body God gave me - no matter how dispropoprtioned (umm....size 10 shoes at only 5'5" on a good day? And I even remember the pediatrician telling me at 10 I'd certainly be like my dad and hit 5'8" for sure!). I even didn't really mind my body during my first two pregnancies and of course now I look back and wonder why I ever joined the club and complained of the unwanted weight gain. Because this time around....it's alllll caught up to me! I am barely over half way pregnant and I feel just plain un-cute. The acne is out in full force, the baby bangs have taken over my life and my only 10 minutes of primp time a day goes to figuring out where to hide the hideous things, my hips are officially wider than my shoulders and my nails haven't grown a bit the way they normally do. The other day Brad reminded me how in pregnancies past I have loved the 2nd trimester...the energy, the lack of nauseousness, the attention, the excuse me - hormones...But as I kindly reminded him, "honey, every pregnancy is different and this one is sucking the pretty out of me!"
I know it's all worth it and every zit and every extra pound just means the baby is growing as it should and yes, I know it is just a phase and yes, I know real beauty is within. Gag gag gag. I don't need to look or feel like my husband's celebrity crush - Jennifer Anniston - I just want to feel like myself instead of this terribly un-cute version of me. So last night to make me feel better and to try to snap me out of my funk Brad so graciously brought me home a McDonald's M&M McFlurry. WITH AN EXTRA SHOT OF FUDGE! Thanks, hon, you really know how to make it all better. But don't think I didn't finish it? It may be my last time to have an excuse for eating all of the extra calories that the baby really doesn't need (but it sounds good.) I guess I'll live with the super un-cute a little while longer and hope that the 3rd postpartum adventure is even nicer to me than the last two. Crossing my fingers. Only 18 more loooong weeks to go and I am sure atleast 18 more lovely pounds.

Baby bangs, yes please.

Mama or hubby please get me these tall shoes for my birthday so atleast I can feel like my feet look attractive. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you look SO GREAT that I literally cannot even imagine that you feel like you don't. BUT, I know pregnancy does that to our brains. Rest assured, you look awesome and somehow manage to ALWAYS look awesome during all your pregnancies!

    Although, I TOTALLY think Brad should get you those shoes, regardless. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious!
    GIRL, this third one is NO JOKE!!!!!!!! There is no funny in how un-pretty one can feel while carrying this third sweet bundle of joy! Less time to primp + more need to primp = lots of days of feeling gross!
    You are of course as gorgeous as ever, even if you dont feel like it! I am trying to take peoples compliments with a smile instead of a big fat laugh! - even if they are just trying to be kind!
    Hope you start to feel a little better! Happy to go on lots of post baby walks whenever you want! i will need to do A LOT of walking!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sure you're adorable, but if it brings consolation, remember that girls steal your beauty :)

    ReplyDelete