Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ingredients for a pretty perfect Tuesday

Yesterday was by far a standout day for me. I would say it was the best day of the year but that doesn't say much. It was truly one of the more perfect days in a very long while. I was ready for the routine to begin again. Christmas and New Years were so pleasant this year but soooo long! I think Brad was ready to get away from the minutia of a day at home with kids and I was kinda ready to have an a.m. in my pajamas with my Skinny caramel latte. Please don't judge me - coffee has done nothing but make the other two babies more.....energetic about life. So the coffee stays pregnant or not. :)
Anyway, we lounged and then headed to our beloved gym that as of the 1st finally has childcare included (in the exorbitant monthly bill)! Wahoo! Last year we spent a small fortune for my daily sanity and because of this we only ended up at the gym a a day or two a week but now....I seriously may shower there daily after a workout as I love the space to get dressed and I love to get to dry my hair with no little people tugging at the chord or milk requests.....and it's included! We also accomplished some of our standard normal-week errands and it felt so good! Yes, the routine of our week is quite intoxicating to me. With little people a routine just makes life a tad easier and obviously more predictable.
And then the real fun began.
I had a scheduled sitter while the boys napped to get my hair cut and get some (very important....like find some boots kind of important) things done. The hair stylist whom I have a slight girl crush on asked if I had dried my hair 2 times since I last had it cut in August. Why, now that you mention it, no. Of course I was requesting a super sleek and sexy hair do that would actually require me knowing where our one brush in the house has been living so she down talked me to just a little trim. Thank goodness! It's already in a pony tail - which was my one request that my new do fit back in a pony tail or else I'd lose my daily accessory to my failing wardrobe.I beg her to make me hip and cute every time I go in and I always come out happy she discouraged me from doing so. I'm a long-haired kind of girl and I've always been!
Which brings me to point #2 and 3. I won't give you all the details that make me just want to squeal at 9am in front of the toddlers. I have always secretly prided myself on being a pretty amazing detective. I like to find all the details out and know which restaurant is opening when and who is hosting the next great something and when there is a private sale or something. Probably the highlight of my year two years ago was being invited to one of my favorite eateries underground private supper club. I didn't go but it didn't matter. And maybe they invited everyone but I felt pretty special. Anyway, I'm veering...come back, honey. Okay, yesterday I scored not one but TWO pairs of boots that I have been tracking for a month now. Both were sold out in stores and online and that was that but yesterday I took home the grand prize. I located BOTH pair in states across the country that had just happened to be returned. Are you sweating with me over this? I know this is so shallow and hey, I may hate the boots when I see them but the point is I found them! I won! Oh, AND, they were both nearly half the original steep price. For stinkin real. I still can't believe my luck. I think it all has to do with the confidence I displayed walking out of the hair salon. Sweet sweet victory followed me the rest of the day as you'll see.....
But now on to the real treat of the day. And luckily this benefits my whole family and not just me. My mouth is watering just thinking over how to describe this little joy that came our way. Actually, this one deserves it's own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment