Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring weather...talk to me!

Oh, perfectly shining sun, say my name louder! Dear Bradford Pear trees....sprinkle me with your beautiful yet stinky leaves as I walk through the park today. And, please, Mr. Seventy-degree temperature do not forsake me any longer!
For two months now you have all teased and taunted me with an occassional opulent Saturday (and, yes, "opulent" was the word I wanted to use). I paint my toes, pull out my flipflops and dust my cheeks with a little bronzer. I get out and make the most of every second of the sunshine. Then, what do you do....you flee and hide under a rock only to watch as I walk through the park to work looking like a silly girl in a skirt and heels, all the while, the wind whistling up my skirt and freezing my bare legs. Please, no more of this insanity. I am ready to open my condo doors and listen to the birds, scratch that, cars outside. I am ready to walk around stuffy headed from the never ending pollen count. Oh, Spring, have your way with me! Come full force. Bring it on!!!

Brad and I are headed to Savannah this weekend for a full, and literally a filling 24 ours. I surprised him with Bruce Horsnby tickets earlier in the year. Brad and I are so pumped to take the half day on Friday, roll down our windows and sing our way into Chatham county. I love Savannah mostly because my favorite family lives there. Everytime I have gone I have been welcomed with flying colors and treated like a queen. Though Brad and I are making a short trip this time, we are going back in May for a wedding and that trip we plan to boat and fish and kayak and just be plain ole silly-Savannians! I can't wait. Hopefully by then Amos will be joining us, too!

Speaking of...on our way to the wetlands this weekend we are venturing off track momentarily to go look at a few 9 week old Wheatens. I am nervous. First of all, we still don't know how keen our landlord is on this idea. More so, we are afraid that if we see Amos then there is no way we can head on to Savannah without him or at least without the decision to pick him up on the return home. I am so anxious!! I still can't believe Brad is going along with this idea. Nonetheless, I can't stop thinking about Amos and how he will greet me when I come home after a trypical work day. Lastnight, yes, this is weird....Brad and I even discussed what Amos would be doing at certain times of the night. Like, what would Amos do during American Idol Tuesdays? I told Brad Amos would be nuzzled up to him while he rubbed his head/belly and of course, rubbed my head with his other arm. See, Brad, I said, you will feel soooooo loved!!! It'll be a Brad sandwich. Of course we only talk about the fun Amos times to be had and not the poopy ones. Literally the poopy ones. We'll deal with those when there is a wagging tail in our condo. Anyway, I am real excited about the weekend and Sir Amos-to-be.

To add to the weekend a dear friend of ours is getting married on Saturady, hence the quick trip to the Coast. Oh how I could talk about this duo foreva! They first met when our old group of "The Original Terrace" members went to the North Ga Mountains several years ago.....back in our youth you know? Nonetheless, a few flirtings later and they come back a couple and have been at it ever since. How fun to watch a budding relationship from the start! Needless, most of the Original Terrace members will be reuniting for the wedding and I couldn't be more excited! Plus, it is supposed to be sunny and 77 according to the weather channel so I can paint my toenails for real and wear a pretty dress and love on all of my dear friends.
. . .

Off to take a quick walk around the park.....This is the problem with Spring being here to stay. I can not, repeat, can not stand to sit inside and watch mother nature come in full glory from the insides of a window. I need to be out there in the middle of it all just taking it in. Time to rejoice the my self-imposed seasonal depression will come to an end. Woo hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment