Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Stay at home Wife

It's official. I would be really good at this and Brad would be really happy.
That's not all......when Brad is happy he has energy and people at his work would feel his energy and they would go home and kiss their wives and hug their dogs and then the wives and dogs would want to do something nice for their husband/owner like cook a good diner or fetch the paper. Ultimately, this would create romance (hopefully between a husband and wife, forget about the dog for a second) and then maybe that would increase intimacy and people would have kids and the population would increase and because these parents are happy they would want to buy their new children fun things like smocked dresses (like my mama used to make) and really yummy baby food and the best baby playset ever and in turn the economy would soar. No more recession! So please send Brad a note and tell him for all mankind that I should be a stay at home wife.

I woke up this morning with the hint of a sore throat and the rain outside confirmed that it was truly a day to be sick if ever there was one. Now seriously, mama was real sick last week with a nasty sore throat so any hint of her symptoms has me in super-hypochondriac mode. So Ive already drank honey and lemon and gargled with salt water and turned circles and tried standing on my head - all to avoid the crud that is going around. And just fortunately for my sickness it is also raining outside and my umbrella is sitting dry and happy in my office at work. So going into the office in the rain with no umbrella and with the starts of a bad throat was out of the question. So I will sit here alone and suffer. Suffer hard.

I can hear the rain falling. I ate my yummy cereal without having to put it in a ziplock bag and eat in the car. I watched about 20 minutes of news on my favorite the Today show. I love Natalie Morales. i have slowly sipped on my tea the way any tea should be sipped on....not in the car. I have read two chapters of my book, The Mystery of Marriage, and finally reached Indonesia in my book titled, Eat Love Pray. I have been reading this book since before the honeymoon so it is about time to move onto the next chapter. I have made the bed, finished laundry, cleaned the kitchen, talked to mama, read a magazine, slept a few minutes and caught up on personal emails. I even wrote two thank you notes. Now to add to all of these lovely things that make me happy I am getting to write - uninhibited. The sheer joy on the richter scale is off the charts. The bottom line is that quiet mornings are addictive to me. I love to spend time in the morning not necessarily sleeping any later but doing the little things that I love to do. The things that make me feel like I am in control of my time. Which, on a grand scale - I know I am not and I am certainly at ease with that......I would much rather be a part of God's Big story than any story of my own. But you know what I mean.......so much of our time these days is spent doing things we really have no heart for. It's true isnt it. Much of my obligations are to things that I once thought I was passionate about but have come to discover that some ulterior motive was more at force than my actual passion. And that just leaves a girl feeling stuck. Stuck stuck stuck.

But not today. Today I feel unstuck. I will rest and I will write and I will read and I will sip hot tea and eat cough drops but ultimately, I dont feel stuck. I feel like I am helping humanity. Remember - Betsy at peace equals a happy Brad equals a stronger economy. For America, please, Brad, hire me as your stay at home wife. The end.

1 comment:

  1. You are cracking me up! Hope you feel better dancing queen! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete