Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Home is

where I hang my hat only if it is also where my heart is...
I hate to begin this post with a bundle of cliches but I am certainly feeling the truth behind these little sayings this week. We are sitting in our 'home' and everything looks pretty normal. Amos is exhausted from a day of running through his football field-sized yard. Brad is sitting in his new man chair that he bought last month in order to make our house feel "homey." Brooks is snoozing in his footed Kissy Kissy (my favorite baby pjs) pajamas and I am watching So you think you can dance - about the only show on television that I plan around. Our house is 70% unpacked but needs lots of TLC and luckily I have no one here ringing my phone so I have plenty of time to tend to the house. So I am definitely hanging my hat here but I am not really sure where my heart is vacationing this week. I think once I can find my toothpaste and my new red cowboy boots then Brooks and I will get out more and get to explore our new digs then my heart will have returned. So, for now, don't worry. Our house here is what I would label AMAZING with a few funny quirks. More on that in a moment. Brad and I are enjoying playing "family." He comes home for lunch everyday and we walk to the real live mailbox to get the mail together (we had just a wall of mailboxes in the condo). We travel this weekend to Augusta for my brothers wedding and I couldn't be more thrilled for him and his new bride to be (and selfishly, to see my family all together again!) I've met the pastor of the local Methodist Church by accidentally ending up in his back yard while trying to find a walking route. I've met Baxter the local fluffy dog that greets me every time I walk by the Bluff (more on this too at some point). Today he even followed Amos, Brooks, and I on our hour long walk. The neighbors across the street say they have already heard about us...yikes...and they'll be by to visit too (which means I should probably get out of my pajamas before 4pm!) Oh, and last night we either had an early Halloween "ghosting" or someone knocked on our window at midnight. This turned into Brad stomping through the yard in his boots with revolver in tow just in case and a quick visit from the police. Seriously, don't worry about us - we are fiiiiiii-----iiiiii---n-e! Please come visit us soon. We have a guest bedroom ready even if I can't find my toothpaste. Here is a taste of our new "home" and a few photos of the voyage south. We miss you Atlanta, but we're doing okay here on the water!

Brooks and Brad take a stroll to the dock to check out the tide. We saw a stingray Sunday night. Yes, in our back yard!

The nursery has been my focus the first 2 days. You'd think we'd focus on a room that someone will actually enjoy but Brooks' room is the easiest and I love it! Brad hung the pictures tonight too so I'll show an update later.

SOS. This room needs a talented eye. This will be the main room with the tv but it is just straight out of 1982. Since we are renting we can't paint the walls and knock down the yucky stuff so someone help!!! And as you would expect - Brad with a cold drink. Brooks swingin. Amos lounging.


Our kitchen that I love. I tried my hardest to fill up all of the drawers and cabinets and couldn't! My cutting board even got it's own drawer and there was still leftover space. Oh, the space makes me melt!

Reward offered for some suggestions with this space. These book shelf type things are in the main-wooded-1982 room. Where would you put things and what would you put in these things. Yes, that is a mirror to the left.


Brad and I made it to my 10 year reunion the night before we left town. We felt like we were school kids again...out on the town with a babysitter at home. Woo hoo!

Brooks first Marietta football game. He's a blue devil born and a blue devil bred....

Brooks and I had to clean up the condo, our first home, before we turned over the keys. He is such a little busy bee - can't you tell?

Don't you just want to kiss his little cheeks until they fall off?

This was our 3rd stop in the only 3.5 hour drive to Savannah. Brooks wasn't into the car ride. I think this Cracker Barrel will be a favorite spot in our route back and forth.

Lastly, don't you love a man in a white shirt and a tie stomping on packing paper while he is home for lunch? What an all-around guy! I know I'm lucky...

3 comments:

  1. I really love this post. The pictures crack me up because amos is like the mouse in Good Night Moon. Where is he in this picture?

    And Brooks is the happiest baby I've ever seen. Definitely the cutest.

    I'm so excited to see the new house and come visit. I miss you to pieces and I'm so sad I'm not going to be here this weekend! Ugh!

    Love you! Kiss the boys for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, yay! Your house is so cute, and I know y'all are going to have a blast down there....you are HUGELY missed here though! Come visit SOON!

    ReplyDelete