Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A rolling, giggling baby....the best cure

Okay, hand me the bumper sticker. My child is better than your honor student. And better than your Schnauzer. I couldn't be more pleased with the little ball of giggles today. I officially have a low grade fever and I don't think I have turned my head more than an inch each direction since Sunday. Admittedly, I used these symptoms to get a pretty awesome and lengthy back rub from Brad Sunday night but now I'm not playing.....I can't move! So, what do you do with a 5 month old in a new town when mama can't get off the couch?
You do what every good mama would do...You put your baby on the play mat in front of the Ellen show and let him be entertained. 40 minutes into the show I look down to check on the giggle monster and he had flipped from his back to his tummy and was peering up at the television as if Ellen was talking right to him. I know in a month these little moves won't seem so challenging but for our lazy baby - any movement deserves an applause! (Yes, you witnessed him conquering the belly to back roll on camera a few weeks ago but he has yet to attempt that again since that one stellar day of tricks).

So, I've got my camera ready just in case he decides it's time to enter the world of turning consistently. And by the looks of this little bug in my body - he may be spending lots of time on the play mat in the floor next to me the next few days.

Question for you...My one friend here gave me the name of a primary care physician. She also told me he lives at the end of my cul-de-sac. Are you thinking what I am thinking? It's probably not the sweetest way to introduce myself by showing up with a thermometer in my mouth? Oh well, I guess I'll get Amos to babysit tomorrow while I go to meet my neighbor at his office. The adventures in new town continue.....I know, God, you have been trying to teach me to rely on other people for many years now and this just may be the perfect way to break me....especially if it requires relying on not only my husband (that's easy) but the few people we have met here???? Please pray the little guy doesn't catch this thing!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Betsy, so sorry you've been sick! Thank you, thank you for the sweet message you left me this morning....it was so encouraging, and EXACTLY what I needed on a difficult morning with AG. Love you, girl! I'll call you later.

    ReplyDelete