Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quote me on this

I was riding down the road here in Savannah that reminds me of a coastal racetrack...it's twisty and turvy and about every 1/2 mile you get a sweet glimpse of the part of my new town that I love and I had this thought that hung around for a few minutes. I took in every drop of this peaceful thought with a silver spoon. My thought went like this (and yes, you can quote me on this) "I like Savannah right now. (Gulp) I like the trees and the winding street that leads to our neck of the woods. I like that everything from the store fronts to the people to the mail lady seem several steps slower and I actually like it right now."

That's all for now. I just needed to share my real joy for my town today as I was still feeling these peculiar feelings. Oh, it feels soooo good to feel a happy thought in my new town! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Oh, and to add to my momentary bliss I came home to two hand written letters in my mailbox. Count them, one, two! 2!!!! I had TWO letters in my mailbox. AND a package. Granted, I know what is in the package as it is an item that my mama was mailing to me but still - A PACKAGE ON A DOORSTEP...a real live DOORSTEP! I never had this experience in the condo as I had to go pick up my packages at the UPS store. It is worth living out of town to get mail from my friends back home. Anywho, happiness lives in this house right now and I am loving it...except Brooks does not feel happiness right now and he is letting me know. Ta ta..............

No comments:

Post a Comment