Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Home for the Holidays

The little man and I are in Marietta for the duration of the Holidays. About 75% of me feels fully Christmasy. The lights on the tree are always on, there are presents pouring out from under, there are home made goodies in every corner of the house, my siblings are home (though constantly on the go), and we've watched a different Christmas movie every night. BUT. And this is a huuuuuuge "but"....Mr. Brad is back in Savannah working for the man. Boo! I don't like that someone in our house actually has to work at a paying job. I'm so grateful that he does but over the holidays I just think corporate America should shut down for 2 whole weeks. So, a big chunk of my heart is just waiting for Brad to get here for it to fully, 100% feel like Christmas!

When he does get here we have a fun few days planned. We are taking Brooks to the aquarium with my brother and his new cute wife. We are going to actually start our Christmas shopping and come up with a fun first gift for Brooks. We are going to make oodles and oodles of pinwheel cookies that mama and I make every year. We are going to drink my dad's wassail and eat mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. We are going to read the Christmas story to Brooks everyday until Christmas. And....we are going to do a whole lot of nothing in between. Brad needs a restful vacation and I just hope I can give that to him.

We are so happy to be home for the Holidays! But "baby, all I want for Christmas is you!" Hurry to come see us!

No comments:

Post a Comment