Tuesday, December 1, 2009

These streets will make you feel brand new....

These lights will inspire you. Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York.
Thank you, Alicia, for giving my husband a ballad to play on repeat throughout the house for the last 2 months since we booked our tickets to NYC. Actually, I think this song alone was the thing that pushed Brad to arrange our first getaway without the wee-est member of the family. What are we thinking? I am already assuming that we will be begging Delta to fly us home after one full day away from Brooks. I never wanted to be that mom...the one who wouldn't go anywhere out of the house once she added "mother" to her resume. But nor do I want to be the parents that drop their first born with the grandparents at the first mention of some time away (only because I never want to take advantage of any FREE help!) So before we even step foot on the plane I can say that I am proud of us for doing this. I am glad that we are prioritizing our marriage and time together, knowing that it is the best thing we can do for Brooks. Now, whether I'll actually be able to walk away from the one that has been with me every hour for the last 6 months....I'm not so sure. Even knowing that he'll be in the best of care....certainly better care than he gets at home is comforting but it still doesn't make it easy. Not to add, I have taken several comments this week from friends and strangers alike that go something like this, "Wow, you are leaving your baby overnight at such a young age. Good for you" which means the comm enters are thinking you are crazy....let's see how enjoyable this really is for y'all! {chuckle chuckle}

Anyway, our bags are packed and the Rockettes are waiting! I am just praying that I can actually enjoy myself and for the first time in 6 months - soak up some genuine time with Brad and without my favorite little man. If I can actually relax I think this will be the best thing for a woman's tattered soul since the creation of Nutella. How about this for luck, too, we just found out two are our favorite couples from our old supper club will be visiting the city as well and one of the couples is on our same flight! This is just an added bonus as we are missing our Atlanta friends like crazy! Some one is certainly watching over us...

If you live near my parents - check on them over the next few days. I can imagine that becoming a full time parent again after raising your last baby 20 years ago can be qutet exhausting. Don't worry Mimi and Pops, we'll bring you something real nice from New York. I have a feeling everyone will be very happy to see us when we actually get back to Atlanta!

Get ready, New York, here we come and we want to take in every Christmas festivity that you have to offer! Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, ENJOY! I am so proud of you for taking a weekend away with Brad...I fully plan to do the same very shortly. : ) (Not with Brad, of course, you know what I mean!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still bummed our weekends were off! Ya'll will have to fill us in on all of your favorite Christmas window displays! :)

    ReplyDelete