Saturday, May 8, 2010

Just in time for my first Mother's Day!

Maaaaa-Maaaaa-Maaaaaa-Maaaaaaa

Oh precious one, you are sound asleep after a fun day at a birthday party, a walk, and an action packed day outside. But do you know that I am absolutely-head-over-heels-smitten for you? Thank you for the most perfect pre-Mother's Day gift you could have ever put together. I already can tell your new found skill is going to get you many things you want for the rest of your life. I am so happy to be your mother. You complete me and you give me purpose. I love spending time with you even if it means hours picking up pine cones. Thank you for making my day today. My heart has been overflowing ever since I heard those sweet, innocent sounds streaming from your crib this afternoon. Your "Maaaaa-Maaaaaa" adores you!

Yes, I am one happy mama today even though the day included no naps. Brooks decided to hold out his new sounds for the perfect timing - a day before my first Mother's Day and 10 minutes into a nap. How could I resist that sweet voice? I bolted up the stairs to find Brooks playing with his feet and just singing away, "Maaaaaa-maaaaaa-maaaaaaaaa." Whether or not he knows what he is saying - I do and it is truly the best feeling in the world!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment