Thursday, May 13, 2010

Up and at em

My alarm clock went off at 6:30 this morning and I was so happy to have something to get up for! I showered, brushed my teeth, flossed, put on a dress and hit the road - all-by-myself. Where could I be going at such an early hour might you ask? Oh boy, get excited, the dentist!

I deplore the dentist. I won a writing contest in grammar school after submitting a piece I wrote about my hatred for the dentist. The smells, the sounds, the uniforms. Ughh ughh ughh! But ever since I moved to Atlanta and started working and had amazing dental insurance that allowed me to go to the best dentist EVER and he graciously gave me a sonicare many years ago - I am a changed woman! I LOVE MY DENTIST! I was the first appointment this morning and the happy, pretty hygienist said she would be quick so I could get out of there. Even though husband was at home with the babe and had a meeting to get to - I asked her to take her sweet time. Allow me to sit in this chair with no one pulling on my knees or finger. Allow me to watch the today show in peace - yes, there are flat screens in my little cubicle - one in front of me and one conveniently on the ceiling in case I need to continue my viewing when I am laid back. Oh, but if I don't care for tv - I can change my head set to a movie of choice or a plethora of music options. Sweet hygienist, can you pass me the remote for the massage chair, um thanks! Unfortunately, because I am with child I am unable to partake in the lovely laughing gas offered at every session. Yes, I may believe in unmedicated birth but unmedicated teeth cleaning - that is for the weirdos in the world. I can't tell you the times I've called Brad after a cleaning and told him I may be awhile as I was still feeling a little giggle and then I just burst into tears laughing! Pass me a little more, please!

This tid bit is for free for my lovely subscirbers today. Do yourself a favor and invest in a Sonicare tooth brush! I don't swear by too many things (really good tweezers, push-ups for arm definition, and maybe chocolate for sanity) but I SWEAR by this invention. Someone that lives with me went to the dentist last week and did not have quite the perfect report that I received today. Why? Because he doesn't use a Sonicare! Seriously, ever since I became a believer about 4 years ago I get rave reviews from my dentist. And the best part??? This part......"My, Betsy, you are such a good flosser. I wish everyone flossed like you." True confession - I floss. Monthly. Seriously, like 3 times a month. I know, this is AWFUL but I just promise that my sweet Sonicare takes care of flossing for me. I am no doctor so don't go give up your flossing habits but I promise this is my story. Do yourself a favor and buy a Sonicare toothbrush today. You're welcome.

After my too quick appointment I was able to get gas and coffee all by myself. I can't tell you the attention a pregnant lady gets when she is by herself! This is why I loved my first pregnancy. Now when I am out and about with a belly and a baby people just think I am insane and they don't say anything with words but their eyes say it all. Therefore, to be alone it looks like I am a sweet, innocent, inexperienced first time mama and goodness - I can't keep the comments away! I'll take a few mornings of attention every month or so - just like I enjoyed today.

On other notes, today I am getting a prenatal massage. My mom gave me a massage for my birthday back in January and I decided to wait until I was good and uncomfortable to use it and today is the perfect day for it! My hips and legs feel like tree trunks and lucky for me - they look like it, too! Second babies close to a first baby are tough on the body - just take my word for it and don't try it at home. This baby wants to make sure every time I feel my thighs rub or every time I can't get into my jeans because my hips have grown that I remember him. Sweet baby boy, I am happy to make you mama's favorite if you'll just cool it with the kicking and stretching of my backside! Anyway, I can't wait for the massage this afternoon and a little more quiet time by myself.

You may think I would rather be alone all the time after reading this post and it's not true, I promise. I love my fun time with the little man! We are so active these days trying to squeeze in time with just me and Brooks before Baby B joins the mix. We go to the park and out to lunch about everyday. Soon we will take some music classes together and even a few swim lessons. I can't wait to be 8 months pregnant and in a bathing suit!

And just so you know - I love a bubble! I have been undecided until recently on like/dislike of a boy in a bubble suit. If you aren't from the South you probably just gawked and labeled me as one of "those" moms but if you were to see a chubby baby in a bubble suit - you, too, would melt. I love to watch Brooks take steps and practice standing when his chunky yet perfect thighs are fully exposed from his bubble. There really isn't anything too much cuter. I will admit, most days is Brooks wears a bubble he gets called "Brooke" and he gets comments about how pretty she is......but for a few months - I am okay correcting people. My family and others have shared their dislike of this dress for our boy but I don't mind. I think it is just fine to dress a baby like a baby for just a little while. Now, come age 2 - I am hoping I have changed my mind on this attire as I do want our little boy to not be confused for a girl or an over sized baby. For now - bring on the summer bubble and bare feet!

Oh, and in case you missed it - here is Souper Jenny on the Today show. In honor of her appearance, I may make my 3rd trip of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment