Friday, May 14, 2010

Pregnancy=4, Mom=0

Lionel Richie. I tossed and turned and went over baby names in my head because that was the last conversation Brad and I were having before my attempted sleep. Didn't I say we would NEVER do that again? By 6am this morning I decided on Lucifer Hulk Bagwell. So, of course little sleep and a one year old don't mix. And then it just went down hill from there - my body is doing things it never did the first time and limiting me from doing the things I did do the first time. I know you say - that is normal. Well, NEWS FLASH: I have never liked being normal and I usually go out of my way to not be in that category. I know, it's really pretty sinful all together but it's the truth.

After a morning of feeling quite defeated I finally conceded and came home from a planned day of things to do. I shut the curtains, put on my favorite robe, lit a candle, turned on some music, put Brooks in his crib whether or not he wanted to be there and wrote the word DEFEATED at the top of my journal before I even had the energy to write.

So there you have it....some days are better than others in this adventure called mommy hood. This makes me no less grateful for the opportunity to raise two little boys and serve one bigger boy called daddy but it does make me more appreciative of quiet/alone time (even if it is forced) that I am about to enjoy right now.

Seriously, what in the world is going to happen to this worn down mama come August? God, I know you have only given me what you know I can handle and you will equip me with what I need for what you are about to give to me. Help me to trust that fully as I anxiously await this even bigger adventure.

****
And of course after all of that, here is today's devotion. Next time I promise I'll read it first before spilling my worries to you. Thanks for listening!

May 14th
I AM A MIGHTY GOD. Nothing is too difficult for me. I have chosen to use weak ones like you to accomplish My purposes. Your weakness is designed to open you up to My Power. Therefore, do not fear your limitations or measure the days demands against your strength. What I require of you is to stay connected to Me, living in trusting dependence on My limitless resources. When you face unexpected demands, there is no need to panic. Remember that I am with you. Talk with me, listen while I talk you through each challenging situation.
I am not a careless God. When I allow difficulties to come into your life, I equip you fully to handle them. Relax in My presence, trusting in My strength.
Luke 1:37, 2 Corinthians 12:9

(Author - Sarah Young)

1 comment:

  1. I love your heart and your willingness to share! You will be an absolute wonder at raising 2 kiddos. And on the days when it seems almost unbearable... lets go for a stroll!!

    ReplyDelete