Monday, June 14, 2010

Too hot

I won't complain because I wished this upon me. Maybe not the extra 20 pounds and the itching but the warmer weather was certainly on the top of my wish list a few months ago. So without complaining I'll just tell you that it is hot and because it is so hot we have no motivation for anything over here. If you stop by our house this week we will probably A) be in our underwear B) have already eaten ice cream by 9am (this may or may not be due to the heat but rather to the hormones) and C) spent the morning on the porch in our luxurious pool. Come see us! (We'll put on clothes, I promise)

But because it is so stinkin hot and we have little motivation for anything - there will be a small update for a rather large weekend. Our nephew, Max, was baptized in South Georgia this weekend. He is just the cutest, smiliest little guy and such a flirt! I didn't get a picture because I was chasing the one year old around the church but when the preacher sprinkled Max with the baptismal water - he gave him the cutest "how could you not baptize me" grin I'd ever seen. Max wore Brad's baptism gown from nearly 30 years ago and it was just so special. The 100 degree temperatures didn't keep him in the gown long but he was such a trooper none the less. We had a great, quick trip and now we are officially home until our family size increases in August. I'll warn you now - you may want to just check back in August because I have a feeling I am going to be a roller coaster of emotions these next 8 weeks. One moment I am so ready to see my toes again that I would do anything to go into labor NOW - and the very next minute I hyperventilate thinking about another baby (whom we have done NOTHING to prepare for....I mean NOTHING!) Today I am going through our unused things to see what I can see on ebay. I'm normally not so resourceful but right now we just aren't in a place to go outfit a room and a new ride (aka stroller) for the baby so I am going to see if I can make a little side money in my spare time - meaning nap time! Wish me luck. My prediction is that I quit by tomorrow afternoon because it seems like too much of a hassle for too little reward but let's be optimistic and maybe I can atleast get rid of a few things that are just taking up space in our house that has been invaded by Little Tykes and Fisher Price.

And because pictures are better than words here are a few from the weekend. Just so you can mark this weekend in your calendars - Brooks made some major developments this weekend. I couldn't tell you exactly what happened but his personality came alive this weekend and his curiosity exploded. Brad and I really love watching this little man as he processes the world around him. On the way home from South Georgia we were asking the thing you should never ask - " Would you change things if you could?" Meaning, if you were really honest with yourself would you take back this past year in order to be married without kids a little longer? We were both wanting a date night last night after an exhausting weekend so I was very tempted to say that I could have used some more time being just married and while it's true - I looked back at the little guy who happens to be a spitting image of me as a baby and I started to feel the tears coming. Brooks has added so much to my life and he truly does bring me so much more joy than I deserve for what I put into this little guy. Children call me to be selfless like I've never known and they make me realize how selfish I really am but - goodness, I never knew you could enjoy something so much! God's grace is alive even in this seemingly monotonous role! Thank you, Brooks, for your constant entertainment and mostly, for allowing me to taste life at it's fullest!

Afternoons at the "club" with dad....{My boys may need a little sun on their legs but they sure are cute!}

My favorite book that only has 4 words but I like to read it over and over and over again
And at the real club with Nise
And late afternoons in the front yard. Why slide when you can push the slide over - over and over and over again!
Yes, we really are in our "underwear" quite often around here!
Look at dad and I in Plains for Max's baptism. We had to put our play clothes on because it was sooo hot!
And of course I had to have a picture with me and mom. This is me hitting her over and over and over again. She'll think twice about bringing another baby into our house next time!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pool on the porch! Enjoy these last 8 weeks - you are an awesome mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say that I love reading your blog! I am friends with Faris Connor here in Augusta and she is the one that got me interested in following your blog. Its a small world! That being said, I have noticed all the CUTE outfits you have on your son and I also have a little boy who will 10 months old in about a week. We seem to have the same taste in children's clothing and on this blog I noticed you were talking about ebaying some things. If you are interested in selling some of his outfits (I know you are probably keeping some for your new addition) let me know!! I am always ebaying Wyatt's things and buying clothes for him! My email is nbarnes324@yahoo.com
    Feel free to email me! or check out our blog
    http://toddandnicolebarnes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete