Friday, April 25, 2008

Unexpected FNO (family night out)

Last night I cooked up some potent margaritas for my date. They were semi-homemade and super delicious! Brad and I had a mimi-fiesta at our house. We ate enchiladas on the porch under the glare of some candles and the roar of the cars on Peachtree Road. So serene I tell you!

All of this celebration was the pre-party for the real party! After dinner my date and I headed downtown for the much anticipated office clean-out. Amos came, too, and was so happy that I would no longer be working downtown but rather be working from home with him. He is my assistant starting next Wednesday. The office clean-out was pretty uneventful. I hadn't had enough of my own stuff in the office in the 5 months to really have to do too much cleaning out but nonetheless, Brad and I had fun roaming the building and saying our good-byes.

As we left the building a voice told us to hold tight. There would be a show in Centennial Park in 5 minutes. This overpowering voice was quite frightening to Amos dog who then jumped into panic-dog mode. We calmed him down as we waited for this supposed show. Then the voice came on again and Amos went crazy. And then the water fountains started going crazy and music was blaring and the by passers were all dancing and clapping and driving Amos even more nuts. Poor dog.....he went from a small South Georgia town of 14 cars and no "voices" to a condo on Peachtree with a ga-zillion cars and a mom who likes to take him to odd places and make him assimilate! Baptism by fire, right? The show was quick and we were on our merry way. Or so we thought. Dad decided he wanted to play in the fountains. I bet him $5 to make it all the way through the 10 foot tall shooting water fountains. The margaritas told him this would be a grand idea and without hesitation he jumped in. Amos and I laughed the whole way home and were so proud of Mr. B-rad and his audacious behavior during our unexpected family outing. He even took my five dollars for real!

No comments:

Post a Comment