Wednesday, April 2, 2008

News, George, Vacay

Mama and Daddy Bagwell pick up little Amos on Sunday! We have been preparing all week for his homecoming. We went Sunday in a fury to 4 stores to find the perfect collar....not too standard, no too eccentric, not too girly...just right. Who would have thunk so much would go into a collar? We decided on a green, puffy, "hemp" collar to ease his comfort.

I only tell you this to confirm that we have gone nuts.

Officially.

What are we thinking with a puppy anyway? The first 6 months of marriage have produced two selfish humans and now we are throwing an innocent puppy in the mix? (No worries, pet lovers....I am exaggerating a tad...)More so, we spent 3.5 hours picking out a collar!
God bless our unborn children because I can't imagine the investigation and research that will go into their pacifier!

Anyway, Amos comes Sunday and we can not stop talking about him. I am interested to see how thrilled we are with our decision next week after a few poopy cleanups and maybe some sleepless nights. Bring on parenthood!

* * *

God is good. His heart towards me is so good too. I wish I could tell you more and I will but I have had a visitor the last 6 months and let's just call that visitor "Henry." (For no particular reason) Henry is this big, ugly thing but when you look at it you can't really tell what it is. It is fuzzy and illusive. Often if I look at it in just the right light I start to get an idea of exactly what it is but for the most part I just turn away confused. Anyway, he is obtrusive in my marriage. He creeps into my dreams at night and unfortunately, has been the topic of any conversation the past 1/2 year....even though the bigger and more splendid thing named "Marriage" should be at center stage. He camps out in my bedroom, then sneaks into the bathroom too and just waits for me to come and interact. Nonetheless, I have finally come to a confident place where I am ready to push Henry to the curb. And, truly, God has lead me to this place and He has comforted me by opening small windows and closing little doors. Ultimately, I know He has gone before me and His plans for me are good. So, I sit and I wait for the right moment and even when I think it may be the right moment...he sometimes tells me it is not but I know it is coming and I feel freedom just knowing that. Thank You. Thank You.

* * *

Brad and I are walking to MARTA tomorrow at 6:20 am so throw us a biscuit if you pass us on Peachtree. Our flight to JAX leaves at 8:10 and since we like to do everything abnormally - we have chosen to walk to MARTA. Nice.
We will be on the beach at Ameila Island by 2pm and George and any impeding pressures from Brad's MBA classes or his job will be back in the 4-0-4. Hallelujah!
This is our first real "trip" together, on a plane, aside from the H-moon. This is one part of marriage that I had always looked forward to... Travelling with a boy and letting him take care of the logistics and my luggage!
Cheers to vacay's with B-rad and some days away from the city and heinous George.
See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment